Not able to watch the last few minutes of a listing.

5kazam
Community Member

One of my items had a bid (yippee!!), and I wanted to watch the last few minutes to see if there were any last second bids.  

It seems that option has now disappeared - as in you can't see the countdown.

I tried doing it with my other id - and sure enough that wasn't available either.

If that is a new 'feature' on eBay, it's going to make it difficult for purchasers to jump in with dying moment bids.

I'm on a desk top not a mobile.  

Anyone else experienced this?  Or could it just be something else that got broken after the Friday maintenance.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

kazam, I was watching a couple of items I had on my watchlist for bidding on and had no problems with either last second bidding (I lost.......sigh) and watching the other items count out.

But from memory a seller has to log out and then watch the listing to see the last minutes of the countdown, without logging into their account. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I never had to log out in the past.

And if I was watching it from my other id - pulled the item up via search - I should have been able to see the 'countdown' from there shouldn't I.

(Sorry you missed out on the one you wanted)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I'm not sure if anyone else has also noticed that when bidding within the last hour of an auction that the 

quick bid part has also disappeared.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply