O/s buyer playing dumb...

buyer messaged me saying they'd like to combine post but couldn't add to cart, I checked item they'd messaged from and said I combine, price worked out on weight, (over 500g is $$ ). 

they purchased 4 mags (on my other id), I reduced the post accordingly ...

however after purchase I see they are in the US and altho the combined postage is less than ebay calculated...(now $16.95) they are saying they tried to checkout what should they do....

I can't be bothered with them attempting to get further price reduction and I sell at a loss, I think they should have said I'm in the US when enquiring  blah blah but perhaps I'm wrong.  they have over 4000 feedback.  

what is the best way for cancelling the purchases these days without selling being penalised? ... I'm anticipating they'll either say I want to cancel.......or they'll give bad feedback...

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

When calculating postage for a buyer, always check their location first. (Guess you know now) Smiley Happy

I would send another invoice with the correct postage for their location adding a few dollars for pack n handling.

Explain to the seller you didn't realise it was going to USA and this is the cost plus packing.

Don't worry about it being a little on the higher side to cover your costs.

Either they will pay and if they don't open unpaid item cases and close them to get your fees back.

With unpaid cases, feedback cannot be left by either party.

Equally it is up to the buyer to get a quote for combined postage before purchasing and not assuming.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

i would allways ask a buyer what address they wanted an item/s posted too before making a quote. best to know exactly before committing to a price.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Hi,

When calculating postage for a buyer, always check their location first. (Guess you know now) Smiley Happy

I would send another invoice with the correct postage for their location adding a few dollars for pack n handling.

Explain to the seller you didn't realise it was going to USA and this is the cost plus packing.

Don't worry about it being a little on the higher side to cover your costs.

Either they will pay and if they don't open unpaid item cases and close them to get your fees back.

With unpaid cases, feedback cannot be left by either party.

Equally it is up to the buyer to get a quote for combined postage before purchasing and not assuming.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Youre right - I assumed they were in australia.  I'm not going to check every enquirers address location. and I didn't on this occasion was out and replied on the iphone - my bad.  kopenhagen will do, they did get a quote of sorts for australia...they assumed I knew or neglected to say that they were in the us.  so if they ask to cancel, wait it out until I can open a case?

I didn't commit an exact price as they didn't say exactly what they wanted to buy only "a few of your magazines" so my reply included if over 500g its $13.50... (fortunately for them and I guess for me it does fall less than 500g which works out $16.95 parcel rate - includes a $1 for handling which doesn't even cover ebays 9.9 on post)

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I swear this buyer is completely ga ga!

so sorry I didn't mention I was in the US and when I saw your invoice I paid straight away.

there is no such payment, not in ebay paypal or in my emails....arghhh!  how on earth did they get over 4000 feedback?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

download (1).jpg

As long as you have sent a new invoice with correct postage and as I said with plenty added on to cover yourself, I would open unpaid cases as soon as the 4days are up. 

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A foreign buyer not being able to add to cart is something I've experienced twice in the last few months.

Both times I asked them to log into the Australian ebay with their details, and both reported they could then use the cart to add multiple items.

They both took the time to email me about the problem. I wonder how many people can't do it, and just give up and shop elsewhere?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply