One off courier

I am selling a guitar and have been asked to ship from Melb to Bathurst.  Never sent anything this big so am looking for advise/options for couriers.  The guitar is listed for $1,000 so I am guessing I should insure.  Any suggestions?  Ta.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

One off courier

And since its over $750 then Signature On Delivery (SOD) is also compulsory.

Full tracking with lodgement receipt of course.

ONLY send to the PayPal address provided (assuming they pay with PayPal).

For a high value item like this I would be taking extra belt 'n' braces precautions against any INAD claims too.

Things like...

have a credible witness present as you are packing it.

take photos/videos of you packing it up.

Make sure any/all defects, no matter how trivial they seem, are fully documented in pics and on the listing decsription

Record the weight of the item when packed and ready to send.

If it has a serial number show that on the listing pics.

Others may have more to add to this list.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

One off courier

Go on line and google for quotes. Send fully insured with signed for delivery tracking. For that kind of money I would probably use pack and send, they will actually do the packaging for you so if it is insured any damage is down to them.

Take multiple photos of every part of the item, you can use those should the buyer try and claim not as described.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

One off courier

I use transdirect for organising couriers,  you put in destination, weight, size, than it gives you 4 or 5 different potential couriers, their prices, additional insurance, etc.  You choose which one to use.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply