PayPal limited account

PayPal has limited my account, requiring proof of identity documents.

The documents have been downloaded with a photo ID given which isn't a driver's licence but is issued through the RTA.

The card looks the same (different colour) and gives the same information.

Has anyone had any difficulties using this card with PayPal?

Also, EBay fees are due at the end of the week.

If my account is still limited by then, will the fees still get paid?

How long before the account is back to normal?

Stressed out is my favourite term at the moment...LOL!!

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PayPal limited account

I went through this a couple of years ago, and while I know it's not everyone's experience, my account was restored to normal within 24 hours (in saying that, from memory it wasn't actually restricted in any way - they required me to submit the info, which I did immediately, but did say that if the info wasn't submitted within a certain timeframe, then my account would be restricted). 

The documents I provided were a proof of age card (for all intents and purposes, idendical to a driver's license in so far as ID goes, but had an old address), birth certificate, change of name certificate, and a recent utility bill, as they were the only combo that showed photo, full (current) name, proof of name change and current address. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal limited account

I went through this a couple of years ago, and while I know it's not everyone's experience, my account was restored to normal within 24 hours (in saying that, from memory it wasn't actually restricted in any way - they required me to submit the info, which I did immediately, but did say that if the info wasn't submitted within a certain timeframe, then my account would be restricted). 

The documents I provided were a proof of age card (for all intents and purposes, idendical to a driver's license in so far as ID goes, but had an old address), birth certificate, change of name certificate, and a recent utility bill, as they were the only combo that showed photo, full (current) name, proof of name change and current address. 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

PayPal limited account

Many thanks. It was the photo ID which had me worried but my account has been restored.
You are a legend as always!
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply