PayPal question

Hi Folks, asking on behalf of a mate. He decided to create a new selling account to make use of extra free listings. He linked it to his main account to increase the selling limit.

When he was creating some listings, he got to the payment section and it asked in the PayPal bit to enter the PayPal email address. Does he just put in the email address from his main account, which is his registered PayPal email, or does he have to somehow register the email address for the new account and put that in? I had no idea of the answer, hence why I am asking you knowledgeable peoples!

Ta muchly!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PayPal question

Agh i was too slow to edit but you got it about the Paypal addy in the payment details on the listing

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal question

I have a buying account that i sold on last month that are not linked but share the same PayPal account.I had to use the usual PayPal account email address & had no problem with it.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

I think that's what he put in the payment section, but shall let him know for sure. Thanks!!!!

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

Agh i was too slow to edit but you got it about the Paypal addy in the payment details on the listing

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The second account needs to be linked to the paypal account.   You can have up to 8 ebay accounts linked to the one paypal account.

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

@lyndal1838 wrote:

The second account needs to be linked to the paypal account.   You can have up to 8 ebay accounts linked to the one paypal account.

So what you're saying, he needs to somehow 'register' that account with PayPal and NOT use his regular PayPal email address? UGH!! I should have just told him "I don't know, go away" LOL!!!

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

I set up my 2nd acc earlier this year.I think i had to link it with the PayPal account which was no problem.If he has bought items on the new account & having the 1 PayPal account,he has probably linked it anyway.I think i had to for my 1st purcahse.

My eBay accounts are not linked but do have the common same PayPal email addy & info but  i had to change the listing to have the PayPal addy with it.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

Get him to check his payment details with the account to see if it is already linked by clicking-

Acc

Personal information

Financial info

Sign in

PayPal

Sign in

Then he should know if he is PayPal linked or needs to do this.I think if the PayPal addy is on the new listing then it is probably already done.Lyndal is always more savvy than me so she is probably right anyway Cat LOL No sarcasm,Lyndal,it's a fact.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

He hasn't bought anything on the new account. He just sent me this screenshot.....does this mean his new account is linked to PayPal and all is OK? It's all double Dutch to me!! He's in a mad flap because he has bids on some of his auctions and is worried the buyers won't be able to pay. The email address that I blacked out is the email address he put in the payment section of his listings.

paypal.jpg

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

PayPal question

It says that it it is linked to the PayPal acc so looks like he did it all when he set the new eBay account up.He should be right to list but he should check the PayPal details in the listing anyway just to be sure.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply