Paypal invoice protection?

Hi guys

If a person pays for a item off-ebay through a paypal invoice ( th invoice has a description of the item )

Can they make a claim for item not recieved and not as described ?

I have heard they are not eligible tome make a not as described claim?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Paypal invoice protection?

Yes, they can still claim Item Not As Described if it doesn't match the description in the listing and Item Not Received if they have not received the item in question. Paying on a paypal invoice does not have anything to do with it. What Paypal provides is buyer and seller protection if proper procedures are (seller) or are not (buyer) followed. Sorry but your question needs more clarification.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

ok to further clarify , I sold an item of jewlery  ( a bracelet ) , The bracelet I sent macthes the description exactly as in the invoice

Now the buyer has let me know there is a "kink" in the bracelet, I know there was no kink as I checked it before I sent it and packed it correctly before sending it. I also have many photos of the bracelet which prove it is in perfect condition

I personally feel the buyer has changed their mind about the bracelet, so is now making this excuse up

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

This is what i found on the paypal website?

How am I protected if I have a problem with a purchase?

PayPal Buyer Protection is available for purchases you make both on eBay and off eBay:

• Purchases made on eBay
  • For eligible items, protection is available for both items not received (INR) and significantly not as described (SNAD); and
  • Purchases made off eBay
  • For eligible items protection is available for INR only
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Here is a link to the full and current Buyer/Seller protection policy:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#Schedule_1_PayPal_Seller_and_Buyer_Protecti...

Under those policies, the buyer is eligible to open a SNAD dispute as it doesn't exclude off-eBay purchases in any way (that doesn't mean her claim is valid, just that her purchase is eligible for the protection).

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Many businesses now offer Paypal as a form of payment.

If you pay that way, the receipt you receive from Paypal says you have 45 days to raise any issues.

It's the same protection that applies to an eBay purchase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

If it was an ebay listing that is mentioned on the paypal invoice then it is not an off ebay purchase and the buyer has the full protection afforded an ebay invoiced item.

From your description it sounds like the buyer has tangled the inks....a nuisance but not impossible to fix with a bit of patience.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Unless it is a snake style chain. A kink (rather than a tangle) in that is permanent ๐Ÿ˜ž

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Unless it is on another ID the OP has not sold any snake chains recently, neither bracelets nor necklaces.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

no its a tennis style bracelet & there was defintely no "kink" in it when i packed it to be sent !

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply