Paypal payment missing

Sold an item a couple of hours ago. The item in ebay shows as paid. I did not get an email from paypal so I checked my account. Nothing....no record of the payment. If I click 'See paypal transaction' from the drop down on the item I get a 'cant find transaction' error

So how long do I wait ???  I have sold other items since and got emails and payment for those have shown in the paypal account !

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Paypal payment missing

only can go by callers to the radio  st george  comm  and another were having problems , and thats why prob paypal is playing up.

Message 11 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

st george  bank of melb and banksa are still having problems and westpac 

banks saying they will reinburst  people 

Message 12 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

@joethenuts wrote:

st george  bank of melb and banksa are still having problems and westpac 

banks saying they will reinburst  people 

No problems with Westpac here today or tonight.

Message 13 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

St George, Bank of Melb and SAbank are all having problems because they are all basically the same bank, with different branding - Westpac.

Westpac updated their internal systems on Friday / over the weekend and stuffed up. Thats why those banks are having issues.

Commonwealth are not having problems, what is happening is some Westpac et al customers cannot withdraw through Commonwealth (and associated) ATMS.

Westpac has been having issues since Friday.

Paypal does not run off Westpacs internal systems. Its two completely different companies.

They are not even having the same issues as Westpac.

Paypal has only been having issues since 6am USA time yesterday.

Spoiler
Geezz.. ya dangle something shiny, and..

Message 14 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

Paypal has only been having issues since 6am USA time yesterday.*

This has been happening worldwide, its all over the interwebs. You don't need to message them, they know.
Message 15 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

Joe paypal are not a bank and not affiliated with, as far as I'm aware, with any bank in australia. So I think the two issues are completely different things.

Message 16 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

@saarzi wrote:

Paypal does not run off Westpacs internal systems. Its two completely different companies.

They are not even having the same issues as Westpac.

I get that PayPal systems etc aren't the same, and that their (PP's) current issues are independent of the banks at the moment, but in my previous post where I said that it was plausible that bank system issues can affect PayPal payments, it wasn't on the assumption the systems are the same.

It's because they interact and communicate with each other when a payment funded by a credit card is made. Or at least, they are supposed to, and if one is down, information can't be exchanged and/or verified.

Message 17 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

Yes here we go payments have been made by my buyers but I haven't received them through PayPal.

I found out the hard way as I went to purchase an item thinking I had money in my PayPal account but noooo there isn't any in there.

Message 18 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

I don't keep ANY money in my Paypal account and I've seen others here say the same thing.  As soon as someone makes a payment, I withdraw to my bank account immedidately (Paypal don't charge for doing this) ..... not having Paypal take advantage of my funds when they already take a % of my sale when I've done all the hard labour of listing.

If I need to do a partial refund for overcharged postage, the amount is taken from my bank account.

If I need to pay for something with Paypal, then I have a choice whether it comes from my bank account (depending on balance at the time) or my credit card.

There were a few hiccups over the weekend with Paypal payments not showing in my account, however, they eventually appeared at which time, I transferred immediately to my bank account.

Message 19 of 30
Latest reply

Paypal payment missing

We are seeing this problem this morning.

Just waiting on the latest two payments to see how long it is before they eventually show up in PayPal.

They are showing as paid in ebay. ie they are on our awaiting shipping list.

Technically if we send them now they will be sent before we have actually recieved the payment even tho ebay says paid.

Wonder how you would stand if something went wrong and you shipped by the ebay paid notice and never actually received the payment?

Message 20 of 30
Latest reply