Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost

Respected All ebay sellers, Please Raise Your Voice to Stop Blood Sucking Fees on Postage Cost - I want to draw your kind attention to ebay's wrong policy which push us to pay more fees to them. It was started in May-2014 they implemented fees on postage cost which is 8.5%, before they were charging fees only on item cost, which is al-right, but postage cost is not the profit making thing so, how can they charge fees on it. I want to give the reason for it, they want to double the profit by this simple act for example - I sell most items for A$ 8.00 - before May-14, I was paying fees 8.5% for that cost only, I didn't have any problem for it, but when they started to charge fees on postage cost I have to pay fees 8.5% for postage cost which is A$ 7.45 for regular and A$ 10.20 for express , (means sometimes it is more that item fees, on express post service .) I charge actual postage cost to buyers for parcels, so, how can I afford to pay more fees ? Another reason for implementing this fees, which most of sellers doesn't know, the logic behind it - The main thing is - Australia post increases postage cost every year so, ebay will get big benefit from it automatically, without changing their fees. ebay says - 60% sellers giving free postage ( How many out of them are Australian sellers ? ), it is choice of seller , he will send item for free if he can afford it but it is not a logic to charge fees or push small sellers to pay fees for it. If I will have to offer free postage, I have to double my item cost, which is one type of suicide for me, and many other sellers. I hope you will understand the problem and give pressure to ebay to remove fees on postage cost, I am not worried about the fees they charge on item cost, but I am worried about the fees which is not the part of profit for me at least . I am sure your support will stop this blood sucking activities. I sent them emails form beginning to remove this fees but they have thick skin, they don't want to listen it, so, now I have only way to complaint you for this big matter, which will give relief to millions of small sellers.

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

This topic has been done to death since before it was implemented last year. It's not going to change. 

Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

hi beauty  , you have to allow the extra postage because of ebay fees just like you have to add more postage when your carrier raises prices, a lot of posters will say this , one magor reason for the ebay fee is simple , this is what  did happen before   sellers were selling items for $1  then adding the extra price on postage , its like your $ 8 items ,the sellers were seling the item for $1   then adding $7 on top of the postage costs.    so that the sellers would only pay fees on $1  instead of $8

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Thank you very much for your kind suggestion, it is never late in matter of injustice, I don't know you are selling on ebay or not but I feel pain too much problem by this fees so, I will raise my voice, if possible, please support it, it is in benefit of sellers, and it will not hurt any buyers also.Thanking you again.

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

Thank you very much for your kind comment, I charge actual postage cost for parcels for begenning, and if you know Australia post is the most expensive post service  ( as per my knowledege ) I can't put more burden on buyers, because I sell items for A$ 5.00 to 8.00 and psotage cost is A$ 7.45 - regular and A$ 10.20 for express ( international postage cost is - A$ 14.10 USA and A4 18.20 UK ), before there was no fees on postage cost, means ebay charging fees on item cost 8.5%, but  now they are charging same fees on postage cost means  before I was paying A$ 0.68 now I pay more - A$ 0.63 for regular post, A$ 0.88 express post ( international A$ 1.20 USA, A$ 1.60 UK ) now you can imagine, how many sellers on ebay Australia and how much ebay got by this changes, everyone has different calculation, so, may be my pain is different then you, and your thinking is different then mine, but we all are in the same boat, so, you will not loose anything in helping my matter. I hope you will support me. Thanking you for your kindness.

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

where were you a year ago when everyone else was screaming blue murder. Petitions and dozens of threads didn't change it back then so I doubt it's going to change anytime soon.
Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

@beautybright wrote:

Thank you very much for your kind comment, I charge actual postage cost for parcels for begenning, and if you know Australia post is the most expensive post service  ( as per my knowledege ) I can't put more burden on buyers, because I sell items for A$ 5.00 to 8.00 and psotage cost is A$ 7.45 - regular and A$ 10.20 for express ( international postage cost is - A$ 14.10 USA and A4 18.20 UK ), before there was no fees on postage cost, means ebay charging fees on item cost 8.5%, but  now they are charging same fees on postage cost means  before I was paying A$ 0.68 now I pay more - A$ 0.63 for regular post, A$ 0.88 express post ( international A$ 1.20 USA, A$ 1.60 UK ) now you can imagine, how many sellers on ebay Australia and how much ebay got by this changes, everyone has different calculation, so, may be my pain is different then you, and your thinking is different then mine, but we all are in the same boat, so, you will not loose anything in helping my matter. I hope you will support me. Thanking you for your kindness.

With all due respect, don't waste your time & effort... it wont change 1 Iota.

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

I charge  $8.20 for postage as well as free postage on large letter items (automatic 5 star rating for postage ). My postage DSR has never moved off 5 stars so obviously buyers don't have an issue paying the extra.

A lot of sellers increased their postage cost to cover the fees when it came in.

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

Next you will complain that Ebay charge a commision on top of what you paid for the product.

Just move on, sounds like you wont be happy whichever way it ges.

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

I haven't complained about anything, I was trying to offer constructive advice about how I get around the postage fees. That is,  make the buyer pay for it. 

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply