Postage Time Defect

I just checked my seller dashboard and noticed that a buyer who left glowing feedback left me with 1 star for postage time, which gave me another defect. My handling time is 5 days, i posted within 24 hours of payment, which can be seen both on my selling page and on the tracking details. She received her item in 6 days from NSW to rural WA. Is it worth ringing eBay to get this removed, or would I be wasting my time? I'm on the verge of losing TRS status, so really didn't need this kick in the guts.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Postage Time Defect

You can always ask. Just be extra, sickeningly nice to the employee and make it sound as if your life depends on it. There is a completely unfounded rumour tat some of them have a vestigial heartCat Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

Since discovered to be an old-wives' tale with no merit whatsoever. Smiley LOL
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

Is this a new feature, as it used to be impossible to identify the ratings for each buyer or item, just a time frame to guess from, but now it tells you the item the rating was for.  I recently had the same thing, positive feedback but gave me a 1 for postage time, item paid for Sunday night, Monday was public holiday in Qld so I was away for weekend till Monday night, I posted Tuesday and let buyer know.  From The Gap to Ipswich both in Brisbane, item arrived following Monday.  Seems a bit unfair, but I do this for a hobby selling my own items not a business.  

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

just checked my seller dashboard and noticed that a buyer who left glowing feedback left me with 1 star for postage time, which gave me another defect. My handling time is 5 days, i posted within 24 hours of payment, which can be seen both on my selling page and on the tracking details. She received her item in 6 days from NSW to rural WA. Is it worth ringing eBay to get this removed, or would I be wasting my time? I'm on the verge of losing TRS status, so really didn't need this kick in the guts.

---------------------------------------

Since 1 star can mean a defect, it would seem to me that an ebay rep, if they could see evidence that you in fact posted within 24 hours, should at the very least remove the defect, even if they could not change the star rating itself.

That would be the logical thing. Surely objective tracking evidence is worth something.

It's worth a phone call to find out if something can be done as it is most unfair.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

@springyzone wrote:

just checked my seller dashboard and noticed that a buyer who left glowing feedback left me with 1 star for postage time, which gave me another defect. My handling time is 5 days, i posted within 24 hours of payment, which can be seen both on my selling page and on the tracking details. She received her item in 6 days from NSW to rural WA. Is it worth ringing eBay to get this removed, or would I be wasting my time? I'm on the verge of losing TRS status, so really didn't need this kick in the guts.

---------------------------------------

Since 1 star can mean a defect, it would seem to me that an ebay rep, if they could see evidence that you in fact posted within 24 hours, should at the very least remove the defect, even if they could not change the star rating itself.

That would be the logical thing. Surely objective tracking evidence is worth something.

It's worth a phone call to find out if something can be done as it is most unfair.

Wouldn't it be Great if that were the Case springy, but ebay & Logic dont =  Fair & Just

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

Well, that's a turn up for the books! I decided to take a chance and send ebay an email as I am a bit short on time today. I know, I know, that is normally a complete waste of time. I got a reply saying they couldn't remove it as my handling time was 5 days and it took the buyer 7 days to receive it. HUH??? I replied back telling them that they need to check the meaning of handling time as it's how long until I post it, not how long it takes the buyer to receive it. Even if it did mean that, the delivery time for that buyer was 6-11 days and it arrived for collection on day 6 and they collected it on day 7 from the post office.

I just received a reply back saying they have reviewed the transaction and tracking number and they can see that it was definitely posted within 24 hours of payment and they are REMOVING THE DEFECT!!!!!!  Yes!!! I got results via email!!! Apparently I should see it gone within 24 hours. I'm not holding my breath on that one and expect I will have to still ring them.

I'm so glad I was sitting down when I got that last reply, otherwise I think I would have fallen over and cracked my head on the floor. Is anyone else as shocked as what I am?

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

Thank you, after reading your posts, I rang eBay and resolved my issue of a DSR 1 defect on postage time. After looking at my messages with buyer and tracking of parcel, they agreed to remove defect.
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

Great news!  There's hope for us yet!

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Postage Time Defect

I went to leave feednback yesterday for a recently purchased item and noticed that eBa ynow  ask  did the item arrive within the estimated time. I hope to goodness they are not dishing out defects depending on whether you answer yes or no to that. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply