Postage increase and seller having to pay the difference.

Postage has gone up today. However a lot of my listng are set up that ebay is to calculate the postage depending on where the buyer is located. I have found that with my sales today the increase has not been calculated and I have to pay the difference on my sales today. That is not fair. Regular post and express post has gone up today and my buyers are still paying the old postage price. I went into my items to try and revise the price but you can't when you have them set for ebay to do the calculations. Anyone else having this porblem?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

..unfortunately the problem is that ebay usually take a couple of weeks to upgrade

and  even if they did it immediately on the day.... that would be tomorrow,... as eBay work on California time for upgrades, and its still tomorrow there when its today here.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I just looked on the AP web site and they still give the 500-gram express satchels as $10.55.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

but ebay has the 500g standard parcel correct at $7.45

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

but ebay has the 500g standard parcel correct at $7.45

Amazing! Especially considering it's not tomorrow for another 15 minutes in California!

I posted several parcels this afternoon and it was $7.45 for the under 500g and $14.65 for the 900g (500g - 1,000g rate).

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I just checked and the postage prices are right now! Awesome! I'm glad it got fixed so quickly!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

The small and medium prepaid express satchels will not be changing. Only the large 5kg express satchel will change.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Sheep, which one are you using?

I can only find $14.35 for up to 3kgs on th Auispost website, nothing for 14.65, and nothing for up to 1kg....??

Also, its now cheaper by 95 cents to buy the Auspost satchels rather than use your own packaging??

Im so confused lol

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

cheaper with your own packaging...... appears to be only for medium (up to 3kg) and larger parcels (up to 5 kg), not the small (up to 500g).

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

Sheep, which one are you using?

I can only find $14.35 for up to 3kgs on th Auispost website, nothing for 14.65, and nothing for up to 1kg....??

Also, its now cheaper by 95 cents to buy the Auspost satchels rather than use your own packaging??

Im so confused lol

I dunno. I just took the parcels to the PO, they weighed them, printed the sticker and stuck them on. I paid and walked out. The receipt says:

Parcel Post                                           $14.65

Postcode XXXX

Up to 1kg (Scale)

Tracking ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Extra Cover Not Purchased

The less than 500g parcels were $7.45.

I just checked the postage calculator page for the parcel that I posted and it said $14.65 from NSW to Qld. A 3kg satchel was a cheaper option at $13.40, but what I was sending wouldn't fit in one (I have a used one here that I use to check if things will fit)

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply