Postage times ...and the complaints from buyers roll in

Never had so many buyers asking - where is my item. 

Everything I sell goes by envelope ....DL, C5 and C4. I have feedback after feedback for quick post and I think in the last 12 months I have had 2 people ask where thier good are. In the last month I have had about 6. One item traveled from me to Perth (300km ) and then to Katanning in WA (about 250km from Perth)  and it took 14 working days.

Anyone else getting complaints ???

I know its Oz posts new system ... just kind of venting  but curious if others are getting the same thing?  

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Same here mate,

I've had about 6 complaints this week.

Just increase your handeling time and hope for the best..

Good luck with it !

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

@stickerswa wrote:

Never had so many buyers asking - where is my item. 

Everything I sell goes by envelope ....DL, C5 and C4. I have feedback after feedback for quick post and I think in the last 12 months I have had 2 people ask where thier good are. In the last month I have had about 6. One item traveled from me to Perth (300km ) and then to Katanning in WA (about 250km from Perth)  and it took 14 working days.

Anyone else getting complaints ???

I know its Oz posts new system ... just kind of venting  but curious if others are getting the same thing?  

Yeah, same here, but only with letters.

I've had gut full of it.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I'm currently sending about 95% of my orders as large letters (sending more parcels these days because a <500g parcel is generally more economical than a registered large letter over 125g) and have to say I haven't had anyone send me a query re: INR for a while, except one last week but there were exceptional circumstances in that case and we found it awaiting collection at their PO.

-But- I am sending everything via priority. I made the decision to do so pretty much as soon as AP announced the changes, despite the fact that I thoroughly resent the whole thing. I hate that I used to be able to buy a box of 100 stamps for $70, now to get the same thing I have to spend between $140-$150 after paying for priority labels (considering I send around 100 letters a week, that's basically going from spending $140 a week to $280-$300). I know that technically the buyers are paying for it, but to avoid bad impressions and to not lose too many sales, I didn't increase my P&H by as much as the actual price increase... 

If eBay was a different kind of place, I'd offer standard and have priority as an optional upgrade, but it is what it is so no one gets a choice. (BTW, I have a 2-day handling time for ETA purposes, which didn't change when the two-speed system was introduced). 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I send everything by large letter (except multiples) and do not use priority letter rate.  No complaints at all, except from one buyer in the USA but he was hopeful to think his item would arrive within 7 days.  Sending about 15 large letters per day and have no late shipping defects.  I am realistic enough to know this streak of good fortune may not last.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Most of my items are sent as large letters and I send the buyers this bit of blurb in my thank you message:

"Please keep in mind the arrival date/s are estimates only made by ebay, not by the seller or Australia Post. ebay have failed to take into account the slower delivery times by Australia Post which came into force on 4th January; please allow for 2 extra delivery days."

So far, no queries as to the whereabouts of anything.  I have discovered by adding a priority sticker to intrastate packages, delivery was next day 😮

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I do not send a vast amount but I send 20+ items as large letters a week and I have had no problems with late postage.  As a matter of fact the only thing I ever see about my postage is in feedback saying 'fast postage' I have my handling time set to 3 days and always post the same or next day if the order is after 4:30pm(weekend).

The postage times did not actually increase it is currently 1-6 days before the changes it was 1-6 days priority takes 2 days of that so you can actually get letter post there quicker now if you want.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

On Jan 4th we increased our hadling time from Same Day up to 3-days.

We also use standard large letter mail, without the confounded 50-cent sicker.

So far we have had no complaints about where is my item.

And our late delivery defect rate is 0% on both stores so far.

So it would appear that the handling time increase has done the trick.

No downturn in sales that we could attribute to that change.

In the past 2/3-weeks we have also done an across the board price increase.

This has been driven by the exchange rate downturn and the postage increases.

Although the price increase has not fully covered our rising costs its all we think our category can bear for now.

So far sales are hovering about average with normal up/down days/weeks. Always hard to pick.

We did have one numpty on our Etsy store who saw the Etsy listing announcement that shipping would be on the same day and interpreted that as meaning it would be delivered on the same day. When it did not arrive the same day they had ordered they complained. Now they want to return the item for a full refund because it will not be there in time for the event they wanted it for. So we said we will refund on return less our non-recoverable costs.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply