Posted item not received

mojo7me
Community Member

Hi i posted an item and 2 days later receved positive feedback.now 2 weeks 

later buyer says the item was not receved and says she posted the feedback for the wrong item.i dont have the tracking anymore as i thought everything was fine.what should i do?Also is tracking needed on free standard postage?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Posted item not received

@mojo7me wrote:

Also is tracking needed on free standard postage?

Proof of postage is needed to successfully defend something like a PayPal claim, regardless of whether there was any specified charge for postage. I would advise in the future hanging on to any postage documentation for at least 90 days, at least so you have something to refer to and provide should any issues occur down the line.

Did you send the buyer a message with the tracking number, or upload it to eBay at all? (i.e. is there any way possible for you to retreive the number and check tracking). 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Posted item not received

Thanks for your help.no i didnt and cant find the tracking! it was only $10 so no big deal. i will

just give a refund and next time be more carefull.i just assumed everything was fine i have never had a problem

before. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Posted item not received

Was it a parcel? If so, it shouldn't be that hard to find the tracking number. If not then there wouldn't be one. Given it's a $10 sale, it would probably be easier to refund. I would suggest keeping proper records, if that fits your mojo.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply