Posted item to buyer with tracking number but Australia Post

I Posted item to buyer with tracking number but Australia Post seems to have lost parcel. Am I liable for refund to buyer or are Australian Post liable. Buyer did not take insurance offer .

tarshan1

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

What is it saying on the Aust Post tracking page? Does it say in transit, awaiting collection or delivered?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

HiWhenIcheckitsaysintransitevenafteramonthwhenIpostedit.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I think you need to get your space bar fixed, lol.

If the tracking site still says in transit, you should lodge a claim with Auspost for missing parcel.  It would probably be a good idea to ask them to check their records incase they do in fact have it listed as delivered but the driver didn't bother to scan it as such.  If they are unable to say for certain that the item was delivered, then personally I would refund the buyer, and wait to be reimbursed from Auspost for the missing parcel.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

This has been happening more often now that Aus Post are using more contractors.Do a missing item enquiry online and i have found that within 72 hours the Item magically is found and delivered.I have replaced items straight away though to keep the peace as customers tend to attack the seller with a ordered for a special event which by now is tomorrow or at times the its all your fault you shot my dog approach.I want them all to be happy,so dont ask for the original to be returned it wasnt there fault after all,we cop it for Aus Post and we cop it for Aus Post delivering a day after Ebays promised delivery date on our ads.

But its a good life !

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Well, I myself just recieved an email from australia post, who lost an article some weeks ago..

tracking still says in transit..

I refunded the irate buyer weeks ago, and today AP says they are sending me a cheque but also telling me I need to insure goods to be reimbursed for contents.. basically , I think the cheque is for the $7.20 c&s cost and nothing else.. that's how the email reads.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Australia post will cover to $50 any item sent via any service. $100 if sent registered or SOD. Did you tell them of the total loss. Is it registered or SOD?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

as written previously in this post,  australia post lost parcel with tracking. irate buyer refunded in full after one week lost.. BNWT item.. click and send used.

Item stayed "in transit" Recieved a cheque today for $7.20 only. They refunded only for the click and send cost..even though was clearly posted, tracking details for first part of journey visible.. contents easily shown by click and send lodgement.. no compensation, just a letter saying signature on delivery or insurance in future if wanting compensation.. thats $30 and a good pair of brand new jeans down the drain.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply