PowerSeller, above standard, 98.9% positive feedback = Selling Limits?

?I'm confused.....my "gradings" are not perfect. Ie, stars, feedback % etc. A few of my mishaps I 100% own, but there are others that are just unfair or out of my control (ie buyer request for cancelation = defect). I can't understanding why without any notice (ie. Message ftom Ebay) I have selling limits???

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The truth is they are not required to inform you. Your standard has obviously fallen below your allowed limit of defects.Go to your seller dashboard to find out what they are.

The ones that you think are out of your control ring ebay and ask for them to be removed, I don't like your chances though. with comments like you have in feedback and your score I would not buy from you.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Are we reading the same FB?

Most of his positive FB was very positive and there weren't that many negs/neutrals. I'd buy from him.

One of buyers was complaining about a non payment dispute being opened but the reply, I thought, hit the spot, pointing out it was only opened on day 5.

If someone does not pay and does not contact a seller before day 5, then they can hardly afford to complain that the seller should have contacted them before opening the dispute. The FB says as much about the buyer as about the seller.

And a second comment seemed to have a go at him for sending some freebies.

Just goes to show, probably best to just do straightforward selling-what they see in the photo is exactly what they get.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

98.9 % is pretty bad for a seller with so few sales. the stars are not good either. one seller complaining of dvds being fakes or copies. pass

The DVD "freebies" were mentioned in the listing so buyer got what they paid for however they were not happy with the quality saying they were copies and poor quality when listing says very good to excellent.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Restridtions due to high defects result from either 2 causes. A repeated innocent mistake in not understanding how you get them and hence aquiring unecessay ones. eg not doing the cancellation process correctly and thus copping them for buyer initialted returns. Or you get high defects for either poor product/service/PR.. There will always be defects you can't avoid but to accrue enough to get restricted means something is wrong, even if it's just an innocent repeated mistake.

It is a pattern of getting defects that is the issue. If you find them accumulatng you need to work out why this is so and do something about it before you face restrictions

To recover from restrictions is hard as you have to sell a lot to get your % down

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

In my seller dashboard, its "above average". As I said some of the mishaps (2 neutrals) I 100% wear.

One defect is for a buyer requesting to cancel a transaction as someone else was bidding without their knowledge? I agreed = defect.

As for the dvds - listing was for 29 original dvds (yes they were original) and I sent as a 'bonus' copy dvds - this was clearly stated in the listing. Maybe buyer confusion?

Nuetral from a non payer? (whom I message twice before dispute opened) - clearly a spiteful reaction. Consider myself lucky it wasn't a negative.

Negative feedback was overseas buyer 1st and last time. I no longer sell to overseas buyers as a result of this.

The neutral for the sheets was my bad as was the teletubbie (human error)

I don't think my stars are that bad, I feel I  am always going to get pinged for "postage" as I am in W.A.

Harley - I take 0 offence to your comments. I know how I conduct myself and I expect there to be buyer disatisfaction from time to time - I've worked in retail/customer service for some 23 years. Maybe if I was selling the exact same merchandise over and again I would have more consistency in my feedback/stars etc, but I don't.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Just got off the phone to Ebay - oversight on their behalf. Limits have been removed.

p.s @Harley - I would never buy from you either as you items do not interest me, so I guess we agree to disagree ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

harley babes,

seriously?

You actually put so much weight into that clap trap, f/back comments from buyers and Ebays defect thingy's?

Defect are implemented by Ebay, mostly for no good reason

And buyer's comments in f/back - it's not even worth reading .

They will resort to lies, exagerate the faults, pick flies in the ointment, some of them even steal - partially because Ebay's set up allows them to do all that, and disturbingly lot of the time due to the advice given to them right here on the boards!

In the ideal world we would all help each other as much as we possibly can - much more and longer lasting satisfaction than a fleeting thrill one gets from slamming someone.

Sellers are here to sell (especially NOT the fly by nighters),  very seldom out to downright cheat anyone as they obviously wish to continue selling - so their effors and descriptions bear much more weight in my eyes that any buyer's comments - even when they are true I find it almost impossible to believe them!

Fancy telling a seller you are "Devastated, traumatised, it's the end of the world, I'll never buy anything here again, enormously dissapointed"  just a few examples of pathetic comments - and when you look at what they bought to produce "such devastation" is some carp for 2 bucks!

That amount is just a figure of speech - could be any other amount of equally worthless value.

I can't imagine how much time these buyers spend scrutinising the item to find even a smallest chip, fault - and when they do - real or fabricated one - seller is crucified - with low stars as well as a negative and derogatory comment.

This is a sad world that such antagonism can be induced with nothing.

And if I was a seller - I would probably emply those nit picking buyers to check out things before I list them - their ability of seeing things that us mere humans can't see is amazing!

Congrats OP for sorting it out with Ebay.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

eBay's defect system - which the seller is stuck with for 12 months when tagged - is designed primarily to weed out small sellers so they can make room for the big brands. You won't see Target being put down the bottom of the useless "best match" results, being restricted in sales or having their PayPal funds held.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

heihachi, 

that was the point I was trying to make re defects.

When I said they are dished out to sellers for no good reason, with only very few wxceptions.

Trying to get rid of small sellers is NOT a good reason to implement them.

And we all want our Australian sellers, and I'm sure all of them want us to shop with them.

So, if buyers and sellers go out of theiwr way  to help each other, deliberately  somehow side step or mark much better everyone - Ebay would soon find there is no one to get rid off!

And that would suit us all just fine.

If we do ocassionaly come across something seriously wrong, we work it out with sellers/buyers - without any reflection in a bad stars or f/back - it would go a long way in creating a harmony and unity between the two (buyers and sellers) as well as much higher level of trust, knowing we are all on the same side.

Australian sellers are hard to find, always somewhere way behing the Chinese etc. and that is bad enough - like we really don't want any more of them to leave - due to such an unjust system.

They need all the help from the buyers they can get to neutralize any bad effects created by Ebay - NOT the oposite! Slamming them rubishing them, being rude, treating them with such abysmal disrespect - what's the big idea?

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply