Priority Postage Paid Australia Stamp

ty.erd
Community Member

How do these stamps work?

If I simply purchase a 'Priority Postage Paid Australia Stamp' stamp for $12.95 and print it on every letter I post, does that mean it will be delivered faster?

The AusPost website just confuses me.

Regards

ty.erd

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Only if you pay for the priority service.  Postage Paid Australia stamps are only for account customers, they are just for convenience, you stamp the envelopes with the stamp, then hand them over the counter with your bulk postage form and the postage is charged to yor Auspost account at whatever rate applies to the service you request.  Priority service would only apply if you pay for priority so you would only use that stamp on those items you want sent at the priority rate.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Only if you pay for the priority service.  Postage Paid Australia stamps are only for account customers, they are just for convenience, you stamp the envelopes with the stamp, then hand them over the counter with your bulk postage form and the postage is charged to yor Auspost account at whatever rate applies to the service you request.  Priority service would only apply if you pay for priority so you would only use that stamp on those items you want sent at the priority rate.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

... and the way I understand these "stamps" is that if you use them you cannot lodge mail into a red street box.

It all has to go over the counter along with the presentation of your card.

I guess if you put one into a red street box you will cop an unpaid postage fine, or your recipient will.

That's what stops people from buying one of these stamps from China for $2 and dropping all the stamped mail into a red street box.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply