Problem buyers

I have currently encountered lots of problem buyers from Australia, one case is the buyer claimed i sent a wrong and cheap item and ask for full refund.  The other buyer claimed one item was not sent . They all ask for full refund . It was quite daunting to deal with those problem buyers . What can i do ?  Kindly advise 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Problem buyers

The item you sold to the buyer who claimed not to have recieved it. Was it sent as a letter or parcel ? If it went as a parcel that was mailed over the PO counter it would include a tracking number. This should be on your Post office reciept. You can log this number into the Aus. Post website to see if the item has been delivered to your customer. You can also enter this tracking number into ebays system using the drop down menu next to sold items.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

Unfortunately, items being sent from HK often get lost in the post. Also, when you're selling big brand items for a cheap price, buyers who know those brands are going to know they have been sent fake stuff. Quite a few of your brands shouldn't even be listed, let alone having fake items listed as genuine. If you're going to sell expensive brands cheap, you need to have certification to show buyers that it is genuine and not the usual fake stuff that comes out of Asia. A lot of buyers won't know the difference between fake and genuine, but a lot do and sadly, I can see your feedback taking more of a battering.

If a buyer opens a dispute saying the item hasn't arrived, you have to provide a tracking number showing the item has been scanned as delivered. If you can't produce that, you will lose any dispute. If a buyer opens a dispute for not as described because the item is fake, if you can't show proof that it's the genuine article, you will lose any dispute. If you want any of the fake items back, you have to pay the return postage using a tracked service, which from Australia to HK is rather expensive. If the item is proven to be fake, it is against Australian law to post it, so the buyer is not actually allowed to post it back.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

Cham, the OP is in HK selling fake jewellery.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

I  ve sent it with registered airmail which can be traced via Australia Post . Buyers insisted either the item in the parcel was missing or they accused the item was not the item they purchased. They gave me negative feedback. I truly and honestly send the items and received such outcome. It is very frustrating

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

Whoops, just as well you checked. I,m pretty trusting and just take most things on face value.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

If it was mailed in a standard envelope, even with tracking, these can be put through an automated scanning machine which reads the address. This machine curves the letter through a slot and anything solid inside tears from the envelope and falls to the floor.

You can go to the Australia Post website and enter the tracking number. This will show whether the item was delivered.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Problem buyers

Why are you surprised a buyer complained that the item they purchased was not received and a cheap substitute was sent instead when that was exactly what happened.  Stop using brand names for your inexpensive, cheap fakes and sell them as costume jewellery at cheap prices.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply