Problem with buyer

I have a problem with a buyer , he bought my Upright Freezer on the 21st August. I sent him the invoice with instructions to pay cash upon  pickup , gave him the address.  and times he can pick it up .

I waited for his call and 3 days past. Finally emails and says he forgot he bidded on it.  Him thinking i was despareate for the money he wanted to direct debit the money. I first refused then later texted my bank details.

Now it's the second weekend, it's 12 noon , still no reply to countless emails and sms . No reply. Guy must be dam busy?

What to do now?

Can i can tell him  it's off , send the money back  and cancel the transaction. ?

or                     Wait ..............forever for him to contact me

If i had a van . I'd dump it at his place.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Problem with buyer

Well after 18 days he finally contacted me and picked up the Freezer.

I found out his address isn't current anyhow. i found out he bidded on it by mistake and didnt know how to retract the bid.

He took it anyway. but in future I'm not going to allow Pickups anymore.  Biggest waste of my time.  You go out of your way to communicate and give anytime for pickup. And no one turns up.

I'm sick of it .  Even when they try weasle out of Postage.  just like the my last sale .

Anyway many thanks for your replies. Problem is now solved.

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Problem with buyer

If he's paid then I would be patient.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with buyer

You could send one final message stating you need it picked up by ................... Perhaps within 5-10 days.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with buyer

Tell him you're moving & need it gone by.....or would he like to pay storage fees? 🙂
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with buyer

if he paid by bank deposit you cannot' send his money back'' as you do not know his bank details to do that.

have you tried pulling his details from ebay and phoning him

http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with buyer

If they have paid by bank deposit give them a call on the phone and tell them if it is not collected by a particular date you will have to put it outside as you will no longer be so they had better collect it before then or risk somebody else helping themselves to it.

If they have paid with Paypal I would call and give them X days to collect or you will relist.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Problem with buyer

Well after 18 days he finally contacted me and picked up the Freezer.

I found out his address isn't current anyhow. i found out he bidded on it by mistake and didnt know how to retract the bid.

He took it anyway. but in future I'm not going to allow Pickups anymore.  Biggest waste of my time.  You go out of your way to communicate and give anytime for pickup. And no one turns up.

I'm sick of it .  Even when they try weasle out of Postage.  just like the my last sale .

Anyway many thanks for your replies. Problem is now solved.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply