Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

I know this post was ages ago but thought I'd respond for others considering Fastway Couriers.

I've been using them myself for about 8 yrs and the only problem I've ever had was when a driver in Sydney didn't deliver the parcel for 2 days, instead keeping it in his van for who knows what reason! A simple followup to Fastway and the parcel was delivered within a couple of hrs.

They do not offer 'door-to-door' in all areas. A simple check with their postage calculator gives full details of the services offered to specific areas. Their rates are excellent in general, especially their A2 5kg $12-Australia-wide satchel rate. I do know that for areas where they don't have a franchise, they have to pass the goods to a 3rd party who then completes the delivery process, more often than not holding goods at a depot for the customer to collect. This is not Fastways fault - it's simply a lack of Fastway distributors in every area of Australia. If Fastway didn't deliver door to door and the parcel was instead held at the local PO, my guess is it was a 3rd party agent at fault here, not Fastway.

I've been really happy with their service. Our local driver is excellent and goes out of his way to do stuff for us. I can't recommend them highly enough! 

Message 2 of 323
Latest reply

Hello I could not go past this post even though a long time ago.

I started using fastways just before Christmas and had so many issues late delivery not being delivered and absolutely impossible to contact by phone I am sure they take it off the hook.Cards left though the buyer could not contact because  of not being able to get thru multiple damages that they say are insured but the buyer has to open the parcel in front of the courier.

The list goes on I actually had to stop and get a refund of the bags as they were damaging my business and still I am digging myself out of a hole with my detailed seller ratings drastically dropped  in postage time and top seller at risk I would not go near them again though their prices were very competitive with Aust Post.

I am relieved to be rid of them too much stress!

Message 3 of 323
Latest reply

It doesn't matter who you use, no company is 100% perfect

I have been suing Australia Post for white a while now and I had a lot of damaged items, that was the main issue with them.  I did have a few things go missing too.

I started using FastWay Couriers through Temando a few months ago, mainly because it is a lot cheaper than Aust POst for the large 3kg and 5kg bags, and yes there have been a few issues - nothing that would not have happened with Aust Post though.  We had one damaged item, and a few times people were waiting ages to get their item and had to re-arrange delivery multiple times before they got their item. 

But overall I think FastWay are ok - our local franchisee here is excellent, he comes every day to pick up stuff.

Temando also allows you to book though other courier companies - StarTrack, Couriers Please, Toll.  You can't do PO boxes and for a lot of remote areas, you still need to use Aust Post.  But Temando is good because you put in the recipient details and it will bring up a list of all of the couriers that go to that area and the prices.  It's a bit of messing around to be set up initially because you have to order all the different courier bags, but the great thing is you don't have to pay for them until you use them, about 15c.

Anyhow, just thought I would put in my two bobs worth - I think FastWay are ok.  I have had a lot of problems with Aust Post, and no one company is perfect. 

Message 4 of 323
Latest reply

Im sure a lot has changed in the THREE AND A HALF YEARS, since barnett first posted his problem Smiley Surprised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 323
Latest reply

I've only had one experience with Fastway Couriers when an item I purchased coming from Melbourne to Brisbane was supposedly delivered to my door at 7.35am.   I did not get this item, and Fastway doesnt have proof of delivery as it was not signed for and no card left.   The driver no longer works for them but of course they wont tell me anything else.  Even Paypal who looked into this didnt help me, saying they had proof it was sent by the seller.  What comeback do I have here?  Is there Insurance to cover my lost item?

Maureen

Message 6 of 323
Latest reply

their 'australia wide satchels' are not really aus wide.. they are only to their depo's..if it gets passed to a 3rd party courier.. then you get slugged more $$$

we had an OK relationship with fastway  - they were cheap, can not dispute that, but you certainly get what you pay for. deliveries can take up to a month from WA to the east coast. so bad for business.

locally they were better

things went from OK to SHOCKINGLY BAD when the local franchise got sold to another chap... you would call on monday and he would rock about  3 days later.... happened more than once. he wouldn't get someone in to cover him. as he wanted the $$$.. after a lot of stuffing around with fastway we got a refund on our "partially used" freight books .

Best thing we ever did. Switched to Star Track and now our parcels (at least air freight) is delivered the next day to most places. if not less than a week. Cartons that go via road freight typically take less than 10 business days. Customer satisifaction is up 1000% since the change.

back to Fastway - their biggest downfall is that it is a franchise operation.

and in WA now.. all calls from here are redirected to Sydney who are useless at solving LOCAL issues.

just noticed the age of this thread.... oops. but the above still applies and will do into the far future of Fastway.

Message 7 of 323
Latest reply

Hi mauso55
there is insurance, I am pretty sure it is $1500 default cover for all parcels via fastway. However the sender will need to make the claim.
Message 8 of 323
Latest reply

Just want to add that in my suburban Melbourne area the Fastway courier just dropped my 17kg Autotransformer in front of the front door. The thud is what alerted me to its arrival. No knock, no ring of the doorbell. Just left it there and went back to his van. I rushed out the door just before he got in to see his sheepish wave as I waved hello. Mind you I would never knowingly choose to use Fastway for anything worthwhile but sometimes it seems like you don't get a choice with some sellers. Or you won't know which courier gets used until you get the item.
Message 9 of 323
Latest reply

So all this thread proves is that Fastway Couriers have not improved in the 4 1/2 years since this thread was started.

It is a pity the sellers don't take any notice of the buyers who have to put up with the lack of service from this company.  All they care about is their seller protection with paypal.

Message 10 of 323
Latest reply