Problems with Fastway Couriers

barnett.australia.collection
Community Member
Delivery of items bought under the eBay banner is a vital part of the eBay experience for both buyer and seller – yet remains mostly out of the control of either. Is anyone else having problems with Fastway Couriers, or any other couriers? We have recently had a refusal to deliver to the designated address and the parcel was posted by the Fastway local agent only to end up at the post office who also refused to deliver requiring the receiver to go the PO, sign for the parcel and pick it up themselves. All this despite delivery being paid door to door.
Message 1 of 323
Latest reply
322 REPLIES 322

I am having the same problem! They said my parcel was delivered at 3.31pm It did not arrive and not card was left! And if it was that time I would have been home and I have two very large dogs! My parcel was traveling from Melbourne to Brisbane aswell. Just getting the run around by them!    

Catherine

Message 11 of 323
Latest reply

As a buyer, over the past month I have had two instances of very poor service from Fastway couriers - and these have only been two deliveries via Fastway for me so far from Ebay suppilers. That's 100% bad service. In both instances Fastway has not delivered the goods to my work address and I have had to chase them. I'm not happy.

Message 12 of 323
Latest reply

I know this post is very old, but it appears nothing has changed with Fastway since then.   I am a buyer, and after chasing them for a week, countless phone calls, and many empty promises, I am still waiting on my parcel.   It is being held by the driver for an unknown reason and for however long he decides.  It only has to travel 23 kms, in the metro area, in which case same or next day delivery is guaranteed.   Maybe they meant next week, next month or at this rate next year delivery guaranteed. I didn't elect to use them, and am making sure all I talk to know of the appalling service.      

Message 13 of 323
Latest reply

Suzy, Three members of my family have had a combined total of something like 75 years in the courier industry and I can assure you that we have nothing good to say about Fastway.  Nothing has changed in all the time I have known them...at first it was shrugged off as teething problems with a new company but that excuse is not going to work any longer.

Message 14 of 323
Latest reply

I am currently having my second problem with Fastway. I am supposed to drive 45 kliks to their depot to pick up the parcel.

If I had known that the eBay seller used Fastways I would not have bought from them, but their ad said post, so I assumed Australia Post. Toll delivers, but not Fastway. I recommend that buyers ask the seller how they deliver, don't believe the ad.

It's a bit sad that vendors in China are faster to deliver and more reliable than Australian sellers.

Message 15 of 323
Latest reply

It's not necessarily the seller. The courier is not the seller. The seller may not even know you're having these problems. 

Message 16 of 323
Latest reply

I will not buy from a seller that uses FastWay as courier. Not a single order has ever reached on time or without calling the service centre. This time they have degraded further by saying parcel delivered and signed for, even without making an attemp to deliver.

Message 17 of 323
Latest reply

I have 2 parcels at he  moment bouncing between Brisebane and Sydney with Australia Posts. Ii looks like they are stuck there forever.

Message 18 of 323
Latest reply

And this relates to a 5 year old thread about Fastway how?

Message 19 of 323
Latest reply

I hope people take notice of the many unsatifactory customers Fast way Couriers have. I had an incident where a fast way couier new to the job had attempted to exit my driveway in reverse after being told not to was stuck  and damaged my driveway. I have had many couriers in the past who were aware of the driveway and have never attempted to drive up it for obvious reasons that were apparent but still delivered by just walking the drive and dropping it off at the front door.

I have been refused another delivery by this courier because of her expereince in my driveway and refused to walk it and drop it off at the front door, but would drop it off at a depot 25mins from me.As this was not convenient for me I rang head office to complain and they gave me the excuse of a safty issue but would not elaborate on why previous deliveries have been all good. I will be placing a complaint to fastways in writing not that it will do any good as I was told they could not get another courier to deliver to my place as it was franchised area she had control of.

Still have the damage not fixed, this couier will come undone

Message 20 of 323
Latest reply