Processing through Australia Post facility ...... !!

I have read on a number of discussions about the delays through some of the AP facilities, namely Chullora NSW and Sunshine West VIC and perhaps others.  Sometimes mail moves fast, sometimes it seems to be caught up at AP facilities for over 10 days .... and sometimes mail does a loop between facilities delaying it's destination even further.

I've got an item going to WA ---- AP facility Granville 30 June ---- AP facility Chullora 3 July ---- no further news 7 July ---- aaargh !!

Does anyone have any ideas how to avoid or at least limit any of this.  Is there a difference in handing the item over an AP counter or dropping in a red post box.  Apart from asking buyers who may be outside a CBD to anticipate delays, but sometimes items move very quickly.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

A week to get from you to Chullora is disgraceful (I am seeing you are in NSW).  However, I would suggest that it could be now in transit to WA over the weekend and fingers cross will be scanned in again when it gets to its WA distribution point.  (Can only hope).  

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

one of mine stuck in granville from the 25th June to the 1st July

Mon 06 Jul 2015 08:21

With Australia Post for delivery today

ESSENDON FIELDS VIC

Wed 01 Jul 2015 07:09

Processed through Australia Post facility

GRANVILLE NSW

Thu 25 Jun 2015 09:25

Processed through Australia Post facility

GRANVILLE NSW

Mon 22 Jun 2015 09:30

Received by Australia Post

MURWILLUMBAH NSW
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

Thinking of changing my article sent from 2 days to 3 or even 4 days after payment to account for this (I usually post same day or next).  I have noticed a number of experienced sellers having the 3-day despatch after payment in their listing and from reading these boards I now understand why ......

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

yes Cathy I increased my handling time to 3 days some time ago. It gives me a little breathing room.
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

You might find that Officeworks has a great alternative to Aussie Post - I can't think of the address of the top of my head but I think if you just put, officeworks - mailman, into your browser you will find what I'm talking about.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

Officeworks Mailman is a courier service using Fastway Couriers.

Their prices may be great but many buyers do not like courier delivery for many reasons.  And those that do not mind courier delivery may be very averse to Fastway Couriers.   They do have many problems which have been discussed at length on the boards.

And despite what Officeworks says, Fastways do not deliver Australia wide.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

I have found that the odd items I send in the red street posting boxes seem to take longer to show any scans than if I lodged over the counter. Don't know why but I now try and lodge all my items at the PO.
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Some street boxes don't get cleared every day regardless of what it states on the boxes. Ive got one outside my home that gets cleared only 2 times a week, whereas if I go to my local PO their street boxes get cleared every 3 hours (3-4 times a day).

I had a parcel last month being sent from Melbourne to me in Sydney. It came up to the Chullora NSW sorting centre and stayed there 1 week  (scanned there 5 times), then turned up back in Sunshine West Vic centre 10 days later, then back to Chullora NSW 7 days later and delivered to me 5 days later - not bad it took 28 days for the parcel to arrive.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Add Granville to the problems list...everything seems to get stuck there. I've sent a package from Adelaide to Sydney - took 3 days, Thursday pm on the 12th Jan to get to Granville on 15th am ...and then spent from Sunday morning until Friday 20th night in Granville ..now it says' in transit' .. again...so best chance for deliver is Monday . Ridiculous.
Message 10 of 31
Latest reply