Processing through Australia Post facility ...... !!

I have read on a number of discussions about the delays through some of the AP facilities, namely Chullora NSW and Sunshine West VIC and perhaps others.  Sometimes mail moves fast, sometimes it seems to be caught up at AP facilities for over 10 days .... and sometimes mail does a loop between facilities delaying it's destination even further.

I've got an item going to WA ---- AP facility Granville 30 June ---- AP facility Chullora 3 July ---- no further news 7 July ---- aaargh !!

Does anyone have any ideas how to avoid or at least limit any of this.  Is there a difference in handing the item over an AP counter or dropping in a red post box.  Apart from asking buyers who may be outside a CBD to anticipate delays, but sometimes items move very quickly.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

I've got a parcel being sent to me that has now had (I think) 15 scans at Chullora starting from Dec 3. No-one at AP can find it, yet it keeps getting scanned every few days. Thankfully the lovely seller replaced it for me and IF it ever arrives I'll send it back to her. So far not had any issues with Granville (touch wood!).

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

We do as well. It is not time efficient but the problems with Australia Post have reduced dramatically since we have started doing this.
Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

this thread is from 2015 - maybe start a new one?

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

this thread is from 2015 - maybe start a new one?

Oh, I don't know if that's such a great idea.

This OP may have posted 2 years ago but that only goes to show that the subject is still quite relevant.

I've just had a letter go through Sunshine West bound for South Melbourne.

I probably shouldn't use the word "just" as final delivery took 5 weeks (thank heaven the buyer was understanding).

According to the readdressing on the envelope it touched base with both Darwin and Perth.

Goodness only knows what other locations never got a mention.

It really does seem that the high speed, high volume, sorting equipment is performing just the same now as it was then.

I believe this level of equipment is only installed at the big gateways so Sunshine West, Chullora, Underwood (State) and Granville (international gateway).

My guess is that AP are happy enough if the failure rate is low enough to keep the media from asking any pointed questions.

Ultimately, I think mail unable to be sorted correctly just bounces around until human intervention occurs.

Staff cuts and reduced manning levels don't appear to allow for a lot of human intervention.

I imagine this post could be resurrected in another couple of years with the same issues.

We'll see lol

I don't think the other states and territories need to do the high volume of the Eastern states.

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

Edit - the originating post office was in Brisbane

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

I received a tracking scan notification this morning telling me that an item marked as delivered 2 weeks before Christmas (which the recipient received [not an eBay sale] had just been scanned at Chullora. The ghosties are playing with the postage system again.

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

THE ITEM KEPT 18 DAYS IN GRANVILLE NSW POST OFFICE. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

21.06.2017 10:11
Accepted from sender
United States US-94546

International Australia
25.06.2017 13:56
Arrived at postal office
Sydney Nsw

25.06.2017 18:02
Sorting
Granville, Nsw

06.07.2017 12:03
Notification sent to sender
09.07.2017 10:10

Sorting
Underwood, Qld

12.07.2017 06:48
Submitted for delivery
Bungalow, Qld
12.07.2017 14:48
Item delivered.
Freshwater, Qld

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

It seems like Granville is a big black hole for mail
In transit
Processed through Australia Post facility
8:53 am Mon 31 Jul
Granville, NSW
Previous event
Despatched
Arrived at facility in destination country
7:38 am Mon 31 Jul
SYDNEY NSW
Previous event
In transit
Processed through facility
1:07 pm Tue 25 Jul
ZHENGZHOU (CN)
Previous event
In transit
Received by overseas carrier
9:26 pm Mon 24 Jul
CN-454500, CHINA
Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

Ive had a parcel at chullora since 11am on july 31st, i live 2 suburbs over from chullora and i still havent recieved it -.-
Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

when i see my items going through Sunshine west sorting center, i will need to keep my fingers cross. not to mention how many days will be delayed over there, the worst is they lost my parcel, and could not even find them, many times already. ring the AP, and i was like "you are bad luck mate, and you should have bought the insurance." and did not even refund the postage.  

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply