QR Codes

These days QR Codes are more and more becoming the norm to link into websites. And many other uses.

There are several websites where you can create your own QR code from any text string (including a website URL).

I know we can't put direct URL links into our descriptions to link out to our website or the bots will pick them up and you get a slap.

But what if you used an image of a QR code that when scanned would jump directly to your website.

This may not be readily detectable by the bots.

It could be either embedded into the description field or included as one of the listing pics, or both perhaps.

Any thoughts on doing this? Has anyone tried it before?

As an example of this the QR Code below links to our website. This is not intended to be a product advertisement but simply an example of what a QR code looks like when made up as a JPEG image.

qrcode.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

QR Codes

Sorry clarry, but QR codes are expressly "forbidden" - they're the last thing listed under "not allowed" in eBay's links policy (you have to expand the "Other Links" sub-section).

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

QR Codes

Sorry clarry, but QR codes are expressly "forbidden" - they're the last thing listed under "not allowed" in eBay's links policy (you have to expand the "Other Links" sub-section).

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

QR Codes

Oh well... counts that one out then doesn't it eh!?

**EDIT**

I guess with lotsa people using mobile devices these days its pretty difficult to scan the QR code image on the same device you are actually using to view the listing. Could only be done if the QR code was being displayed on another screen.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

QR Codes

What about code 39 instead? 🙂

Just going on a tangent though, it works better as a PNG image. JPEG always wrecks things (although for QR codes, it wouldn't make a lick of difference aside from the file size due to the error correction they have - that said, I was able to get that same image down to 505 bytes!)
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

QR Codes

Hi,

Can we create a QR link that takes a user to our ebay store ??

i was hoping to put one on a thankyou card that i place in all my packages to link them to my store to leave feedback etc ? ?   thoughts 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply