Question re Make an Offer

Thanks in advance for your help fellow Ebayers!

If you set the auto accept and auto decline features on mkae an offer, do you still get a notification when an offer is made?  I know you would get an item sold message if it is accepted, but do you get notified if the offer is rejected?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, there's no notification sent that an offer has even been made if it is auto-rejected, I think you have to view the listing history to see offer history for auto-rejects.

I've used to use best offer somewhat regularly, and while I had an auto-accept range, I never used the auto-reject, as that way I could get the notice and either decline manually, or counter-offer if it wasn't too far from my acceptable price range.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No, there's no notification sent that an offer has even been made if it is auto-rejected, I think you have to view the listing history to see offer history for auto-rejects.

I've used to use best offer somewhat regularly, and while I had an auto-accept range, I never used the auto-reject, as that way I could get the notice and either decline manually, or counter-offer if it wasn't too far from my acceptable price range.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Many thanks DG, I suspected as much.  May have to review some offer histories and possibly alter some settings.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

One other option is having both auto accept and decline, with a middle amount you need to review manually. I used to do that as well, after I got a bit tired of ridiculous offers (I wasn't interested in negotiating with someone who offers 5% of the full price, so would decline rather than counter-offer). You could have for example a $50 or best offer item, auto-accept anything above say $42, auto-decline anything below $25, and manually review any offers between $25+ and $42.00

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

That's a good idea, thanks.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Did that last night
BIN $15.75 Auto accept $15.00 auto decline $10.00
Just accepted $12.00 each x 2 items.