Question re the 40 free listings

cq_tech
Community Member

Probably a silly question but hypothetically, if I put up 40 free listings at the beginning of the month and sell 10 of those items in the first week, can I replace those 10 items with another 10 listings at no charge, or must I wait until the end of the month to do so? IOW, can I keep replacing each sold item with a new free listing as it's sold or will I be charged a $1.50 insertion fee each time?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nope, you only get 40 in total, if a free listing results in a sale, it dies with the sale, unless it is a multiple qty listing and then the listing remains in place with the balance available,.

Cheers,

Penny

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Nope, you only get 40 in total, if a free listing results in a sale, it dies with the sale, unless it is a multiple qty listing and then the listing remains in place with the balance available,.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

It's 40 free listings per month. If you sold all 40 in the first week, you would have to wait until the first of the next month to list more for free.  There is a counter under "Promotional Offers" at the bottom of All Selling in My Ebay.  

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

You must wait.

The listings have been used up.

Even if you were to list  a few and end them immediately because you decide to list other products, they count against the 40.

But if you list 40 and select the 3 free auto relists on all that in effect gives you 160 free per month if they don't sell.

But naturally it's only for 40 items.

Edit - Seems there are others up this late. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Ummm.. 120?

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

40 initial and 3 free relists = 160. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Thanks penny, I thought that might be the case. I normally don't use all of my 40 free listings but this month I did, although a couple are multiples, and I was wondering why I was hit with a $1.50 relist fee when I replaced a sold listing. I thought I'd miscalculated, but I'd actually gone over my allocated 40 by one listing.

Bloody good thing I asked, as I was just about to prepare a few more to put up in the next couple of days to replace those items that have sold! It's a pity eBay don't make it clear (or perhaps I misinterpreted it) but at least I know now to be very careful once I reach my 40 limit.

Thanks also to black*poppy & kopes for your replies as well. They are appreciated. ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@cq_tech wrote:

Probably a silly question but hypothetically, if I put up 40 free listings at the beginning of the month and sell 10 of those items in the first week, can I replace those 10 items with another 10 listings at no charge, or must I wait until the end of the month to do so? IOW, can I keep replacing each sold item with a new free listing as it's sold or will I be charged a $1.50 insertion fee each time?

Who are you and what have you done with cq?       grin.gif

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

160 only works if you list them all on the first/2nd/etc day of the month (depending on the number of days in the month)

For 10 day listings, only 120 in one month, if they're all listed on the first /2nd day.

You've got less than a week to fit in 120 7 day listings.

Etc

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

It'd work in collectables.

Auctions are free and you can choose 3 day auctions

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply