Question re the 40 free listings

cq_tech
Community Member

Probably a silly question but hypothetically, if I put up 40 free listings at the beginning of the month and sell 10 of those items in the first week, can I replace those 10 items with another 10 listings at no charge, or must I wait until the end of the month to do so? IOW, can I keep replacing each sold item with a new free listing as it's sold or will I be charged a $1.50 insertion fee each time?

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

@black*poppy wrote:

160 only works if you list them all on the first/2nd/etc day of the month (depending on the number of days in the month)

For 10 day listings, only 120 in one month, if they're all listed on the first /2nd day.

You've got less than a week to fit in 120 7 day listings.

Etc

If the third (final) relist activates in the month after the original listing was created, does it come off the next months free listing allocation? 

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

CQ has been a very naughty boy, stawka, so I've locked him in his room tonight with no dinner. stubborn.gif

I'm his far more pollte and much nicer alter-ego, in case you were wondering.  Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif  Not a word outta me  

Spoiler
           runforhills.gif

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Does that mean the free automatic relists have to be within the month or they don t relist? Are you sure that s the case? If so,any listings started on the 30th of the month would not get the automatic relists even though the final listing pages says the relists will come. Is that how it works?

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

If the third (final) relist activates in the month after the original listing was created, does it come off the next months free listing allocation? 

I do most of mine as 10 day listings to extend the maximum time available under the one listing and they seem to

re-list till they are all used up.

So as far as I can work out they don't come of the next months listings as they weren't "created" then.

@cwdbuyer71 wrote:

Does that mean the free automatic relists have to be within the month or they don t relist? Are you sure that s the case? If so,any listings started on the 30th of the month would not get the automatic relists even though the final listing pages says the relists will come. Is that how it works?

As explained above,they carry through to the next month.

I've added a bit of info to two of my lsting so that I can keep an eye on them as they goes through the re-list.

They still has over 8 days to go and the automatic re-list is ticked,(which will carry it into next month).

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

I am still using up my 40 listings and getting the 3 free listings with them, so they will go well over into next month.

Time will tell, I use 10days for bin and 5 - 7 days for auctions.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

No the automatic 3 free relistings feature is totally separate to the 40 free listings limit.  It doesn't matter when the listing ends it will relist for free three times in total, and dioes not affect however many free listings you may have left.  Only new listings (or manually relisted ones) use up free listing allocations.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Most of my listings end their third relist either 1 or 2 days before the end of this month, but a small number won't end until around 5 days into November, and I'd like to have them all start on the first day of the month so that they end on the 30th, at which time I would replace those items which have sold during that period.

Is there anything preventing me from ending all current listings on the 30th of this month, then reinserting all 40 new listings on the first day of November so that they will then all end their 3rd relist at the end of November? I can see nothing in the help files which would prevent me from doing so, but I'd really like to be sure before going ahead.
Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Yes you can but make sure you have the 40 first as sometimes they reset on the 2nd of the month.

You will need to list one and check in promotions at the bottom of all selling to see if they reset yet.

Some of course may still have 1 or 2 free relists so during the month you may need to make sure the box is ticked again for a further 3 relists.

image host
Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Yeah kopes, I know not to relist until the number resets to 40 and as I suspect they also work on US time, that would make it around 10pm on the 1st before the 40 free listings were once again valid.

It doesn't matter if some listings are still current and have another relist left, I just want to end them all and have them all start on the same day so I don't have to check every 10 days to see which listings haven't relisted. Just makes life a bit easier, that's all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'd actually planned on pulling the plug on eBay at the end of this month too, now that the new user agreement comes into force, but I've decided to give it one more month to see what happens, before making a permanent decision. I just hope I don't come to regret it.
Message 20 of 26
Latest reply