Re-listing

Good morning,

Hehe! Another question.

What is everyone's attitude about selecting the automatic re-list option?

So far, we've done it with the majority of our listings and are surprised with some of the results wherein on the first listing there's barely any interest and then bang, it all happens on the re-list. Not always though.

It has been suggested to me to not automatically re-list all the time, because it will make our listings look stale and as repetitive non-sellers. I think I can understand the merit in this, but??

Your thoughts please?

Thanks,

Melina.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re-listing

Many buyers search by newly listed and when you do the GTC listings they do not show under newly listed.

I do manual relist as it is not that hard when done in bulk.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

Agree with sparklz and I also think some buyers wait to see if an item is relisted with reduced price.

When they see the price is not going to be reduced, they bid.

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

I re-list everything - if it's not for sale, you can't sell it

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

I also relist everything that does not sell.  Relists and new listings tend to get an initial "jump" in best match placement so might be the reason for sales quickly after items are relisted. I do not auto relist (except GTC of course) as I review my price if not sold in 30 days and having to manually relist is an easy prompt.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

Thanks again everyone. Yes, I see the advantages in manually re-listing. There's so many tricky bits these days. Either that or I just don't think things through.

You've provided valuable help for me again. Thank you all.

Melina.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

I've been using the automatic relist option (3 times for free) for the past year & love it. The only problem for me is that the items sometimes don't actually relist, so you have to watch for that.

The option sometimes disappears for a few hours, but I've completely lost it now, & when I list a new BIN item where the automatic option was always 30 days, it's now Good til Cancelled.

Unfortunately it seems that it may be gone for good.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

Different people look all the time so they're not going to know if it's a 'stale' listing. You might have had something listed for months before the person who buys it sees it for the first time. Some things don't date so as far as I'm concerned those listings aren't stale - unless they're things there's no demand for.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

That is exactly right. I sold 10 old old old items a few weeks ago. I was actually going to relist them all as a bulk listing together to see if I could get rid of them in one go and whammo, someone came along and bought the lot. Some of them had been relisting for 4 years. Interestingly, as their last hurrah, I put the price up.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Re-listing

Hi, i have always used the good till cancelled option. Is is better to choose the 30 day option and re-list manually. If i chose this option would i lose my watchers?

Thank you

Sharon

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply