Return Request....

tej8128
Community Member

So I have been dealing with my first return request. Initially the buyer asked for a partial refund. I politely declined the partial and asked her to open a return request if she was not happy with the item. She immediately responded saying she would leave me a negative as she wasn't happy with my response. Later that day she opened a return request saying the items were badly damaged and she wants all her money back (so much for happy to keep them for a partial refund). I accepted the return. So its more then a month later and nothing has happened. No contact from buyer, no uploading of tracking, nothing. Then boom she hits me with my first negative. The case has disapeared from the returns section, but I can still get to it from the item in the sellers section of my ebay. It is still stuck on return started. My question is do I let this time out or do I need to call ebay to close the case on the date it says in the case??

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Return Request....

DON'T ask eBay to step in, it will close in buyer's favour.

Let it time out if buyer is not returning item.

Sounds like buyer wanted to keep all along and tried for a discount.

That didn't work so now unhappy.

Good on you for sticking to your guns.

You can add a professional reply showing the buyer to be unreasonable and perhaps lied if that is the case.

Don't think that buyer will ever revise their feedback.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Return Request....

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do not under any circumstances ask ebay to step in or you will find that they will find in the buyer's favour and give her a full refund and tell her to keep the item.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Return Request....

It should have auto closed (cancelled) after 30-days from the last buyer interaction.

If it has been more than that already you could call ebay and ask them to cancel it at no penalty to you.

DO NOT let them talk you into escalation as this will very likely end badly for you.

If you accepted the return then the buyer has 5-days to actually initiate the return by uploading a tracking number onto the case.

I would think for this reason alone its grounds for ebay to cancel the case without penalty to you.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Return Request....

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you've saved all the messages, I'd also have a go at getting that neg removed.

Her message smacks of feedback extorion to me.    Worth a try.

Don't reply to it, until you've exhausted all avenues though.    

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Return Request....

Usually, if a buyer opens a return request then doesn't follow through and never returns the item, and the case times out, eBay will close the case and remove any negs they left because the buyer didn't comply with the MBG T&C's, so I would leave it for now. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Return Request....

tej8128
Community Member

The case says I have to wait until the 18th of August. Will let it time out then and see if I can get that negative removed. If all else fails I will leave an appropriate reply to that negative.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply