Return because it is not comfortable?

I sold a 'luxury' bra from a reputable manufacturer and now the buyer want's to return it because it is 'scratchy' and doesn't sit right.

I have read all the reviews and all are good comfort-wise bar one person who said it rubbed her nipples after several hours but qualified this by saying she had super sensitive skin and it would be fine for most.

I have a no return policy for hygiene reasons - would being 'scratchy' or not fitting right qualify for a defect? I guess if it comes down to it, the question is will eBay support this defect claim? Buyer has a high feedback number and seems to know the system well, paid just hours before a NPB claim and has made some quite snarky responses in her feedback.

Being quite new to selling, but not to eBay would appreciate some other perspectives please!

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@indigorosey wrote:

Good point, thanks! I just reread the policy and it says

The following items, as long as there's no inappropriate content in the listing or any indication that the item was worn as underwear:

• Bathing suits

• Bras

....etc

A little ambiguous! I guess it is alright if they only wore it as a hat ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, there's your selling point.... Smiley LOL

Introducing the latest in multi-tasking aids.

Style. Comfort. Versatility. (Detachable visor coming soon).

comfort and versatility, just needs a visor and it'd be perfect

View solution in original post

Message 39 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

If she has worn it for "several hours" then it is used and can not be sold again for hygiene reasons and her personal allergies are not your fault

Message 2 of 56
Latest reply

Well I've just noticed she has already left neutral feedback saying it is a terrible bra so I guess I will refuse a refund. I was considering offering a partial refund but she doesn't seem like the negotiating type.

Message 3 of 56
Latest reply

Bras are something that is very individual depending on body shape.

For anyone to buy bras online and expect a perfect result is not realistic.

If a buyer has had fitting issues in the past (which I highly suspect), they should go to a store and try on first.

Sounds like an overly fussy customer IMO.

image host
Message 4 of 56
Latest reply

Reply to the FB saying I am not responsible for buyers shape to have it "sit badly"

Maybe she just needs to find one that fits rather than what she thinks will fit

Message 5 of 56
Latest reply

I responded saying I am sorry she did not like the bra but I don't believe it is defective and I have a no-return policy etc etc.

She replied saying she did like the bra but it made her boobs look pointy like Madonna in the early days and she has a right to a refund under Australian law.

Where to go now? She purchased another bra (as well as a couple of others according to bidding history) so I'm waiting for a neg on the other. Hopefully eBay/Paypal will not support this as a defect as I honestly believe this is buyer's remorse. I cannot sustain my business if my sales are so precarious!

Message 6 of 56
Latest reply

Other than leaving a follow up comment sugesting she tries sitting on her ass instead of her boobs I would ignore her.Woman Wink

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 56
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Bras are something that is very individual depending on body shape.

For anyone to buy bras online and expect a perfect result is not realistic.

If a buyer has had fitting issues in the past (which I highly suspect), they should go to a store and try on first.

Sounds like an overly fussy customer IMO.

Overly fussy !!! more like totally unreasonable & a player. She really should go into a store & try them on, as kopes mentioned. Not being a woman and knowing about these sorts of issues, with her ultra Sensitive Breasts, why is she still buying them online?

Message 8 of 56
Latest reply

As long as she has said via ebay messages that she did like the bra but it made her boobs look pointy like Madonna

then they should not find in her favour as the bra IS as described and she did like it just did not fit.

If she opens a dipsute you need to say in there that she said she liked the bra and she had worn it for several hours.

Fight it the best you can if need be.

Message 9 of 56
Latest reply

I have just read the neutral that she has left you and it highlights one of the many problems with the Ebay Feedback system. She has left a neutral for the product, not you as the seller or for your service.

As she has left you a neutral, you have already earned a defect for this transaction.

It is my expereince and from reading these boards that most Return requests that are NAD are supported by ebay on the buyers side. If you ask Ebay to step in, they are unlikely to side with you, and then you earn a defect for case not resolved by seller as well.
Ebay do not support any aspect of Aust consumer law and it is pointless to argue with them IMO.
I would say, accept the return, block the buyer, reply to her neutral feedback including her ebay ID in your reply, so it is a warning to other sellers who can also block her, swallow your hurt feelings and the truth that this is all so unfair, and move on as quickly as possible.
With the new ridiculous return and defect system, we are all going to cop this sort of situation. Deal with it as blandly as you can and move on as quickly as you can, but keep on these boards you get a lot of support from other sellers.
Message 10 of 56
Latest reply