Returns

Buyer put in an ebay return request (change of mind)asking for refund of item cost. I agreed and she was told to return the item.  I have just looked to see if there is a record of her having posted and I can find absolutely nothing on the ebay site. In the resolution centre it says no return requests are open. The only place I can find any mention of the request is in Paypal where the payment is on hold.

Is this normal or should I be seeing something in ebay?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Returns

If it was opened on ebay it will be showing on ebay.

You have to look under the returns tab (not the resolution centre)

If it is a return for change of mind Paypal should not have placed a hold on the funds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Returns

If it was opened on ebay it will be showing on ebay.

You have to look under the returns tab (not the resolution centre)

If it is a return for change of mind Paypal should not have placed a hold on the funds.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Returns

Thanks Jens, didn't noticethe returns option, presumed it would be in the resolution centre as that has a tab for returns. It was definitely opened in ebay and the stated amount of the refund did not include the original postage nor was I asked to provide return shipping costs which is why I presumed it had gone through as a change of mind but the funds are definitely on hold in Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Returns

PJ - They don't show in the Resolution centre unless the buyer escalates the request to a case for ebay to rule.

The returns console is where the buyer and seller can communicate with each other without ebay being involved.

Still can't work out why the funds were put on hold though

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply