See other items link

I would like to have a better link to my other items than the "See other items" link provided, which is not sufficiently prominent. I have tried Auctiva's scrolling gallery and am now using the Froo version. Neither are completely satisfactory as they do not update images when I revise them on eBay. Is there a way (free) to include a more noticeable link in each listing?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See other items link

@michael_cullis wrote:
 I think they should provide a more noticable link to other items if they are going to ban external services.

You can create your own insert and make it as prominent as you like, though. It's a static / generic link to other items so it won't show images etc, but at least then you wouldn't have to worry about outdated info and it won't impede load times etc.

eBay aren't banning external service, just those that include active content (which pretty much covers everything that moves or is interactive). 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

See other items link

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Try this one.  It has a scrolling gallery - and free

https://freeauctiondesigns.com/

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

I think I read in a recent eBay email that all active content is going to be banned next year, so using external services may not be a long term thing.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

I am having a looka\ at FreeAuctionDesigns, but I'll have to look at the instructions before I try it out.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

I heard that too. I think they should provide a more noticable link to other items if they are going to ban external services.
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

@michael_cullis wrote:
 I think they should provide a more noticable link to other items if they are going to ban external services.

You can create your own insert and make it as prominent as you like, though. It's a static / generic link to other items so it won't show images etc, but at least then you wouldn't have to worry about outdated info and it won't impede load times etc.

eBay aren't banning external service, just those that include active content (which pretty much covers everything that moves or is interactive). 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

Not many buyers will be unhappy to see the DSA (dreadful scrolling abomination) disappear. If you know any basic HTML then you need to add a link using that, if you don't use a free template creator like robshelp.com to create the link and use that as a template for all future listings.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

See other items link

Thanks every body. I will give thought to your advice a nd information.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply