Seller has used my template right down to description of item.....is this allowed?

I take a lot of time and pride in listing my items. It is a labour intensive process as you all know. So I was pretty peeved when I saw a Seller of a similar item I recently sold has cut & paste my entire listing ( heading & description not pics). The item I sold was "vintage" in incredible condition, this Sellers item is NOT in the same condition, its pretty beaten up actually lol yet by using my description she is clearly misleading her buyers. 

I realise I should probably be flattered but geeeees it kinda stinks that someone can blantantly steal your work like that.

Is this ok?   

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seller has used my template right down to description of item.....is this allowed?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html  - There is an old post:

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

I take a lot of time and pride in listing my items. It is a labour intensive process as you all know. So I was pretty peeved when I saw a Seller of a similar item I recently sold has cut & paste my entire listing ( heading & description not pics). The item I sold was "vintage" in incredible condition, this Sellers item is NOT in the same condition, its pretty beaten up actually lol yet by using my description she is clearly misleading her buyers. 

I realise I should probably be flattered but geeeees it kinda stinks that someone can blantantly steal your work like that.

Is this ok?   

Community Member
|
|

in reply to xfiles60

on ‎09-23-2012 05:35 AM

Click on  Report Item, then choose "Copyright and trademark" from the first drop-down menu. Then in the other drop-down menu choose "Images or text copied from your listing."

Copyright protection is automatic for everything you write and for all your photos; it does not require any special registration.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html  - There is an old post:

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

Is this ok?   

Community Member
|
|

in reply to xfiles60

on ‎09-23-2012 05:35 AM

Click on  Report Item, then choose "Copyright and trademark" from the first drop-down menu. Then in the other drop-down menu choose "Images or text copied from your listing."

Copyright protection is automatic for everything you write and for all your photos; it does not require any special registration.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Smiley Very Happy

Thank you so much. Appreciate your response.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

If it's beaten up yet in "incredible" condition at the same time, let them sell it - or buy it from them and get it "for free" after filing a NAD claim. Did I just say that? 🙂
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
If it's beaten up yet in "incredible" condition at the same time, let them sell it - or buy it from them and get it "for free" after filing a NAD claim. Did I just say that? 🙂

Well I guess its beaten up compared to the one I sold which showed no damage at all. lol

Its tempting to do as you suggest lol but I would /could never.Smiley Happy ty for your reply

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Very nice listings btw 🙂

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

On a side issue, have you thought of changing your name? On quick glance, all I saw was rapist. What about retailtherapy_8?

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Lol...so did I -  retail the rapist - but I'm having a bad day

Or maybe  retail_therapist8

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

And thereby lies the tale, reta.

Post in groups where you are not judged.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Awww, geez, Dave,  it jumped out at me

Sorry retailtherapist     

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply