Seller's Aussie Day Whinge

Happy OZ day. 

I've decided that most of my buyers must have been on the turps today because due to messages I've received, this is the quote of the day in our house:

Stupid.png

Eg I want to return my item because I've changed my mind, but I want you, the seller to pay the return postage, plus refund my original postage. 

I received my item a week ago, left postive feedback but now message you to tell you it's cheap **bleep** and overpriced

I'm going to message you from the other side of the planet with a 'where's my parcel'. when it was purchased two days ago. As in Friday. 

I bought this item and paid for it but now only want it if I can pick it up today. 

More problems than sales this weekend!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

ebay really needs to rethink the options they give sellers for cancelling a sale.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

@amazonchicky wrote:

I'm going to message you from the other side of the planet with a 'where's my parcel'. when it was purchased two days ago. As in Friday. 

Oh that's epic, right there. Definitely my favourite. Actually, I was coming to the forums to ask the same question. It's been a great sale day, kinda... but the problems I am anticipating...

Well I had one person message me asking no less than 7 questions about a pair of $10 pants. Helloooo negative when my measurement is half a cm out. 

I have someone asking me if I think the shirt will reach them by friday. Without telling me where they live.

I have 8 unpaid items sitting in my sold folder from this weekend.

And I suspect the buyer of three of them is going to refuse to pay. They bought them, and I sent them a revised invoice with discounts, including a buy 2, get the third half price deal. (generally the 'third item' in this sort of deal is the cheapest value one, but I couldn't help but notice that the item purchased last was more than the price of the other two combined, obviously the buyer hoping I would discount that one). I got a message hours after sending the invoice which said 'please send invoice for bulk buy'. Sigh...

Maybe I should have just gone on vacation mode this weekend. 

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

I received my item a week ago, left postive feedback but now message you to tell you it's cheap **bleep** and overpriced

----------------------

Can't help feeling you dodged a bullet with this one. Lucky the feedback is already given. Even if they decide to add to it, at least you got a green dot and they can't change that.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

I'm hoping i'm over all my bad luck/buyers for this holiday period. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Have to say this thread has at least given me a smile.

And I suspect the buyer of three of them is going to refuse to pay. They bought them, and I sent them a revised invoice with discounts, including a buy 2, get the third half price deal. (generally the 'third item' in this sort of deal is the cheapest value one, but I couldn't help but notice that the item purchased last was more than the price of the other two combined, obviously the buyer hoping I would discount that one). I got a message hours after sending the invoice which said 'please send invoice for bulk buy'. Sigh...

You're right, the normal way it works with anything like this is a discount is usually based on your cheapest item. I have a feeling though you might need to re-jig the wording (not that i have seen your ad). If it just says third one at half price then yes, she will think her third purchase will get a discount.

Not sure how you need to word it.. maybe

Buy 3 items, & the cheapest item will be discounted to half price.

Something like that.

Good luck, I think you might need it, you may strike a stroppy customer. Bit cheeky of her if she seriously expects that she can buy 2 cheap items then get an expensive one at half price.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Oh and my own aussie day whinge.

My sister and I had a coffee table for sale on gumtree, listed it yesterday at $20. Good gloss black table, but we need to clear the estate.

Buyer sent my sister a message- it said 'interested in black TV stand, answer fast if you want a quick sale.'

How's that for manners?

My sister asked if he meant coffee table.

Yes.

He arranged to view it at 10am today and said "sweet'.

10am today came and went, no show.

At 11.30am my sister (bit of a devil) sent a text 'Where are you, I made a special trip and I am waiting here."

Not quite true as we were packing things anyway.

Back came the answer 'bought another one".

Now we couldn't care less but wouldn't you think he could have had the decency to text and let her know he wasn't coming after all?

If you think ebay buyers are bad, you ain't struck nothing till you sample some of the gumtree people.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

The turps may be the answer to this one...

Saturday message: Hi, I live close, will you sell for cash

My answer: I am happy to deliver. When you buy please wait for adjusted invoice with no postage. Am happy to deliver it to you or meet where convenient.

Sunday: Buyer makes purchase and immediately pays by Bank Deposit

I email and explain that I can no longer send a revised invoice, so when payment clears I will post. I offer to cancel if she's unhappy with this.

Have heard nothing today... Item is a $4.95 book with $8 postage

Only one of six sales since Friday night - my lights must be off.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend - Jo

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Strange, but maybe they just saw the word deliver and decided they had to pay the postage or delivery fee. I used to teach and I have found that no matter how simple or plain you think you have made something, there is always sure to be someone who gets confused.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Got another one. 

Purchased Friday 1:30pm.

Our cut off time is 1pm because that's when Aussie Post collects and this is clearly noted in our listings. We usually run around like idiots for 10 minutes getting the last ones done to get them out on time. 

Buyer rings going off his nut this morning because we haven't shipped his item.

Now let's think about this Mr Buyer. You paid Friday afternoon after cut off time. The next working day is TODAY. So sending it TODAY, IS the fastest we can after our cut off. You forgot that whole public holiday = no Aussie Post thing didn't you sweetcheeks?!

Oh you need it urgently? But you didn't use express post?! Even though our listing clearly tells you to do that? You thought you'd chance it. How's that workin' for ya?! 

*sigh* I see a defect coming. 

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply