Sellers Helping Ebay Screw Sellers .........

In the last two days I have received 3 Defects, very disappointing as they were from other sellers.

Seller/Buyer Number 1. - You emailed me, told me you did not check measurements and the item is too big, I said I would happily exchange or refund. - Ding - Defect for Item Not As Described - Hello, You did not read the Measurements.

Seller/Buyer Number 2 - Purchased Item Monday Night, Posted with Tracking on Tuesday to Country Victoria, did not arrive until the following Monday - Ding - Defect for Postage Time - Hello,  I am not Australia Post, but then you should know that since you post approximately 200 items per month.

Seller/Buyer Number 3 - Opened Paypal Dispute for Item Not As Described, no contact whatsoever, apparently you don't like the way the seam has been sown, no discussion, straight to dispute. Item enclosed in manufacturers packaging. Of course would gladly have refunded you if you just let me know there was a problem. Obviously too busy dealing with the 300 odd Sales you make a month to take the time to email me.

What hope have we sellers got if we cannot lead by example.

I sell and I buy (a lot), you would have to be a pretty bad seller to get a defect from me. I am lucky I do enough sales that I can probably wear quite a few defects before any affect to my selling account. But there are sellers who can't, and this is the time that we should all pull together, not stick the boot in because we can......

Ok rant over, have a glass of red and get over it, but if you are a seller think about what you do as a buyer. Because that next ding could be against you.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

That really irritates me to read that. I now count myself lucky that my one disgruntled buyer sent a message saying she wasn't happy. Never opened a case and so far, hasn't left any negative feedback (which I was and still am expecting).

I apologised profusely to her and said that I had no idea what I'd sold was man made, not real. I told her I would happily give her a full refund, including return postage. I didn't offer a refund on initial postage because she was happy with one item, which would have cost the same to post. I also offered her a partial refund if she wanted to keep the items. 

I then received a reply from her, still with an aggressive tone, reminding me how unhappy she was, but she felt that I was genuine. She also made a point of telling me that she is on a carers pension and it was wrong to try and rip people like her off. She also said that she couldn't be bothered going into town to send the items back, so I sent her a partial refund (actually, it was a payment as my husband had just used the last of my funds in PayPal). I never heard any more, so I think she was probably happy with the outcome.

I think what may have saved me was, she is a small part time seller herself, so may know the implications of opening a case and/or leaving negative feedback. 

Then today, I received an enquiry about one of my items. I told them what they wanted to know and also checked out their feedback. I discovered they are also a seller. They replied to my reply asking whether I would sell the item to them as a buy it now for $9 delivered. It's listed for auction with a start price of $13.50!!! It has 8 watchers, which I know means nothing, but NONE of my items ever have 8 watchers, so no chance I'd take a $4.50 reduction on it!

That buyer/seller has something that I am interested in and I felt like saying, OK, I'll send my item to you for $9 with free postage, if you send me your item that is listed with a start price of $17 and $6.80 postage (for 5 bank notes!!!) for $9 and we can call it even.

Now my rant is over! You'll have to have the glass of red for me because I don't have any 🙂

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

fully agree.

yesterday i got a low rating for postage cost. i charged $9.00.

the cost was $7.15 plus postal box $1 35 plus bubble wrap & packing peanuts & wrapping. fair i think.

sold item to seller that sells simlar items and charges $15.50 postage for the same item.

contacted buyer & responce was oh well not to worry. first ever mark against my account and i know really wont effect me greatly but thats not the point. 

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

I feel for you, and am having that red right now ......

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

Exactly, it is not the point, if we as sellers don't respect each other then how can we expect buyers to do the right thing.

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

I also meant to add (bit got caught up with my rant), as a buyer, like yourself, something has to be pretty bad for me not to give positive and 5 stars. I have left one negative several years ago, never a neutral. 2 weeks ago I marked a seller down on postage costs when I was charged $US45 as a combined postage and it cost the equivalent of $US6 to send. Yes, it was packed well, but not $39 worth! No, it wasn't via the GSP, it was some minerals from Thailand.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

None.

Not that I buy too many personal items online I always give the seller at least a chance to fix something that isn't right. If I think meh it was OK I couldn;t care less about leaving feedback for a seller. The only time I negged someone was because they sent the wrong item and didn't answer emails I sent, then a few weeks later they started emailing me wanting to fix it..lol...

Unfortunatually ebay have bred a new breed of online consumer which goes agianst the very fabric that humanity stands for. lol maybe over the top. At least ebay should act on sellers behalf and inform buyers about certain aspects of dealing online rather than having some sort of gimmick that IMHO will note generate more sales (if sellers get defected out it will, and also increase prices). I am fairly sure buyers don't read the details anyway, they just buy. I have more to say but will leave my rant at that.

I

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

Yes it's worse when it comes from people who should know better & they behave like the worst buyers that a seller could whinge about.Except that they do it in the sneaky ways of DSRs.

I had a buyer who sells do that a week or so ago,so now i wait til the fb shows up on the seller dashboard to check that before i leave fb.They may have a go at my stars but they will not get a fb pat for doing it.

I'm very relaxed as a buyer & haven't had a problem to mark anyone under 4 stars for anything.I don't see what's to gain by attacking other sellers with DSR anyway,especially now.eBay is more the aim of my annoyance than any poor old seller.

Small sellers are an endangered species but not protected so gotta be nice to 'em.

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

If you come here as a seller looking for help, maybe use your seller id, we could maybe see what is causing the defects ???

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I'm still not over receiving nearly 30 defects from a "fellow" storeholder. One for each item they purchased, each one was for description, all accompanied by otherwise perfect (looking) feedback. 

Yes, only one buyer and ultimately it only counted as one transaction, but still damaging, still perplexing and disappointing. 

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply