Sellers Helping Ebay Screw Sellers .........

In the last two days I have received 3 Defects, very disappointing as they were from other sellers.

Seller/Buyer Number 1. - You emailed me, told me you did not check measurements and the item is too big, I said I would happily exchange or refund. - Ding - Defect for Item Not As Described - Hello, You did not read the Measurements.

Seller/Buyer Number 2 - Purchased Item Monday Night, Posted with Tracking on Tuesday to Country Victoria, did not arrive until the following Monday - Ding - Defect for Postage Time - Hello,  I am not Australia Post, but then you should know that since you post approximately 200 items per month.

Seller/Buyer Number 3 - Opened Paypal Dispute for Item Not As Described, no contact whatsoever, apparently you don't like the way the seam has been sown, no discussion, straight to dispute. Item enclosed in manufacturers packaging. Of course would gladly have refunded you if you just let me know there was a problem. Obviously too busy dealing with the 300 odd Sales you make a month to take the time to email me.

What hope have we sellers got if we cannot lead by example.

I sell and I buy (a lot), you would have to be a pretty bad seller to get a defect from me. I am lucky I do enough sales that I can probably wear quite a few defects before any affect to my selling account. But there are sellers who can't, and this is the time that we should all pull together, not stick the boot in because we can......

Ok rant over, have a glass of red and get over it, but if you are a seller think about what you do as a buyer. Because that next ding could be against you.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

the op basically gave the full details (according to them)

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

unless that was a joke and I didn't get it and still don;t

Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I actually wasn't looking for help, but rather making a statement.

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

now all you need is the email from ebay on how to lift your game......:)

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Well you could always return the favour.

The mentality behind sellers dinging other sellers astounds me ..... pay it forward or back in this instance.

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

I thought about that, but seriously do I want to be that sort of person. No, I think not.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Yes, every time I complain, I get that, but nothing changes for me, sell good product, deliver in a timely manner, and my job is done.

Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I'm still not over receiving nearly 30 defects from a "fellow" storeholder. One for each item they purchased, each one was for description, all accompanied by otherwise perfect (looking) feedback. 

Yes, only one buyer and ultimately it only counted as one transaction, but still damaging, still perplexing and disappointing. 

I think thats why ebay have the 8 defect limit from muliple buyers, one buyer could leave a million....I wouldn;t be happy though and take action myself.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I'm still not over receiving nearly 30 defects from a "fellow" storeholder. One for each item they purchased, each one was for description, all accompanied by otherwise perfect (looking) feedback. 

Yes, only one buyer and ultimately it only counted as one transaction, but still damaging, still perplexing and disappointing. 

Thats just so horrible of that seller DG. 

Feel for ya Cat SadCat SadCat Sad

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

Not as scarey as the buying board.Grandpa's drunk n got his thing out & yelling at a green cat to  punch on with him!He been carrying on about free stuff for days,he's the type of buyer you want to avoid.

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply