Sellers! please take responsibility of your listings

The conditions of which a seller uses ebay to sell goods is stated on every listing!

This condition is as follows:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

In my experience both as a buyer and seller, the vast majority of sellers do exactly that, they have detailed descriptions, and well defined policies.  However, not all buyers take responsibility for reading the listing and all the relevant information in it, including return policies, postage policies etc., some simply prefer to blame the seller for something that was clearly outlined in the listing.  Many disputes for not as desribed could be avoided if the buyer simply paid attention when purchasing.

Additionally, eBay should take responsibility for ensuring buyers are not able to falsely claim not as described, when they simply changed their mind, or decided to try it on and see if they can get a refund and keep the product as well.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You mention sellers well defined policies........................which does not over rule Ebay's or PayPal policies, right? Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I presume you are referring to refund policies, and in this case, actually they do.  Australian Consumer Law defines a seller's responsibility regarding refunds, and limits it to goods which are faulty or not fit for purpose.  Sellers are not required to accept change of mind returns, eBay encourage it, but cannot enforce it and this is confirmed in the T&C of the MBG.   eBay and Paypal should refer back to the seller's policies when deciding cases, and eBay policies cannot take away the rights of a seller under Australian law.  There have been plenty of cases where eBay and Paypal have granted a refund outside of the seller's policies and when challenged have had to reimburse the seller and wear the refund from their own coffers.  They make a point of calling it a once-off goodwill gesture, but the point remains, it ends up costing them and not the seller.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

images45.jpg

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I agree with Penny!

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@curmu-curmu wrote:

images45.jpg

You could perhaps get a combined discount if you bought a sense of humour at the same timeWoman LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

"You could perhaps get a combined discount if you bought a sense of humour at the same time:womanlol:"

True...but what on earth would he do with one of those?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Penny

Agree totally. Have proved your comments re Ebay/Paypal at fault as well.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

still got your defect point   and i like to see if you get your money back the second time

how any seller would not give back the money on an $8 product when the buyer did nor recieve it ,its disgusting

its sellers like you that all tese changes have happen ,

you are so lucky ebay paid back the buyer or you woukd of had a big red dot on your feedback,

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply