Sellers should know this one..I hope!

Posted an item by large letter on 8th May. Last night a dispute was opened for INR.   I refunded as I had no proof of postage.   I have just checked feedback left by this buyer,  of 19 feedback left, 14 of them are either negs or neutral for item not received!       

Regards

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That's a pretty awful track record. Nobody could possibly be that unlucky to have that many items fail to arrive.

Only 5 POS FB left for sellers in all the FB they have left.

I would be on the phone to ebay about this one.

I would also raise a case with The ACORN

http://www.acorn.gov.au/

Then when you get the case number report that to ebay as well.

This is the kind of buyer who must be stopped in their tracks.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for this valuable information.

I also support clarry's advice.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I'm happy that my message was understood,   I read another post about how I might do it.     The message I left the buyer when I refunded was something like "this is a refund for an item supposedly not received, you do have quite a lot of items not  received so I think its worhwhile that I mention it to Ebay for them to investigate"

Regards

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

thankyou!
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I would also ring ebay and get them to check the buyers account pointing out to them what you have here and even suggest they check how many refunds they have been given through paypal.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I'm quite sure Harley that there is more to this one than we can all see on the feedback.

Over on the Facebook seller page just recently there were reports of another buyer operating under several IDs who had been blatantly scamming sellers for quite some time. Some for large amounts of money.

The sellers banded together and dug up lots of evidence against that buyer. A report was raised with The ACORN.

Including finding her private facebook page where she had been bragging publicly to her friends on how to go about getting stuff for free on ebay.

However, despite several sellers reporting the buyer activity to ebay they initially refused to do anything about her and she continued to scam. It wasn't until one of the page members who also happens to be an ex senior ebay manager reported the buyer to his senior contacts inside ebay that all her IDs have now been NARU'ed. I hope they also block her IP address and physical address so she can never pop up again unless she moves house and changes ISP's.

Certainly was a very bad case of terrible buyer behaviour. The ACORN have not finished with her yet so from them it could end up in charges being laid too, hopefully.

To my way of thinking ebay ought to be held legally accountable in part for such behaviour for not stopping this kind of activity sooner. As despite many reports they did nothing about it until it was elevated.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Same issue.

Had a buyer leave a totally false negative and like always, Ebay refuse to remove it even when shown evidence it was false.

This buyer has left over 100 negative comments to sellers. 

Ebay told me that is normal.

I left a response to the feedback and guess what. Removed.

LOL

Guess the guy must be really unlucky on here hey

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

I got onto live help, as usual, no help at all.   Kept telling me to appeal the dispute, I told her I could not prove postage so had refunded but what I really wanted her to do was to check buyers feedback for sellers to see how many items he claimed he hadn't received etc.   She kept telling me to report the buyer...I told her I thought thats what I was doing!    I gave up in the end, most of her replies made no sense at all to me.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

There is no point reporting anything. I have found Ebay NEVER takes action against anyone (except me..because I speak up..lol). I know of several who are stealing tens of thousands or have totally illegal listings etc (by Ebay) and they never ever do anything against them. Do not even bother anymore. I say good luck to those stealing a heap on here. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply