Selling IiPhone without box?

Hi, I'm looking to sell my iPhone 6 as I just upgraded to the Galaxy, the only problem is I don't have the original packaging for my iPhone, how should I package it? tia
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Aus Post have some 'suggestions' which IMHO are a bit way out. They suggest packing breakables in something that can withstand (something like) being dropped from ten stories and a 20kg weight landing on it (or some such rot)

Personally I would suggest Babushka type layers, perhaps something like  the phone in bubble wrap in a metal tin (biscuit type tin) in bubble wrap in a sturdy cardboard box in bubble wrap etc

I'd also suggest making sure you highlight over and over there is no box, both in the heading and in the item description (as many times people do not bother to read the description at all, or 'say' they did'nt see something clearly written

NOW, as far as the battery goes, that is ANOTHER thing to consider as the rules on batteries and how they can be sent (if they can be sent) does my head in, and I have not sent something with a battery via normal post in donkey's years so I'm not able to give you the accurate, up to date information on that one

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

lithium batteries - both in or out of a device are classed as a "dangerous good." 

australia post will only send these items if they are packaged correctly and lodged through a retail facility or operational facility - not through a street posting box. they have to be labelled correctly as dangerous goods.

for more information - you can see the dangerous goods parcel guide - https://auspost.com.au/content/dam/auspost_corp/media/documents/dangerous-and-prohibited-goods-guide...

the relevant sections are D.2.9 and D.10.2.3

EDIT - sorry - posted that shortly after you imastawka. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I hope you have read all the information available about scams when selling a mobile phone, unless you are an experienced seller I would not recommend using ebay, sell it on gumtree or FB.

If you do decide to sell here make sure you take down the EMEI number, serial number etc incase a buyer tries to claim it is damaged and returns a different phone.

As far as packaging just wrap in bubble wrap, place in a box (I have used the plastic trays you get take aways in before) then wrap that in more bubble wrap and then in an outer cover, a plain satchel or brown paper. Post it over the counter at the PO and ask for a Road Only sticker.

You should also insure the parcel for enough to cover the sale cost.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I,ve mentioned this idea before, but it works exceptionally well so here goes again.

For fragile items and glasswear, , I use biscuit or sweet tins. I buy them in a variety of shapes and sizes for around 50 cents each from op shops and garage sales. I keep a large collection of different tins and choose the size and shape I need for the item. A bit of bubble wrap inside to stop the item moving around and some sticky tape around the edge of the lid and they are almost indestructable. I usually put the tin inside a tough mailer envelope purchased from Australia Post. it works a treat and I have never had an item break in postage yet. ( touch wood ) Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

As the Australia post automated handling machines do drop anything up to 20 kilo parcels, from a height of 2 metres on top of other parcels, I think their recommendations accurately reflect their own handling methods.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You need to edit or end your listing (also email the current bidder to explain why you are cancelling their bid and relisting) if you don't have the box, you state in "item specifics that it has both the box and the earphones then later on say it doesn't.

You could easily lose a case for "item not as described" for that and lose you money and the phone........................

Edit to say.       At the very least you should email the current bidder who bid before the revision pointing out the lack of box.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

@padi

the OP could message Ricky to see if he still has an empty box!  Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@padi