Selling Off Ebay Not Sure On This One

I have a number of items listed for auction and none of them are Buy It Now. I had a potencial customer who was looking for 3 of an item I had listed for Auction. He/She asked if I could supply 3 of these and for what price. I gave the Price for 3 but also said I will have to list them on eBay and that they could buy them from there. I did this and waiting to get the sale. My main question is...Could I have just sent a Paypal invoice and not listed them on eBay or is it Still a Breach of eBay Rules. Just Curious.

Cheers

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If they have ended then they are no longer on ebay.

But many will tell you not sell away from ebay as they will miss their fees.

But once it is no longer listed on ebay it is up to you how you choose to sell them

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I would have sold the 1....then added the others to postage cost.....it is not breaking rules if the other items are not listed. You will get into trouble if items listed are sold 'off ebay'

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@*sparklz* wrote:

If they have ended then they are no longer on ebay.

But many will tell you not sell away from ebay as they will miss their fees.

But once it is no longer listed on ebay it is up to you how you choose to sell them

The item in question has not Ended  and is still running as an Auction  But none of these were listed as a buy it now but the listing was on eBay where the query came from and so happened I hade a number of them. Where do I stand I think I have done the right thing and listed them as Buy It Now.

Cheers

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yes that is the right thing if it is a current listing

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Unless they have bought from you in the past 3-months (or you keep your own offline records) then you will not have access to their PayPal email address to send an invoice to.

We have done this in the past where they may have previously bought something from us.

If they have not bought before, then we just ask them to buy and pay for one and we will then send an invoice for the balance for the others they want. Of course, you still have to pay the PayPal fees.

Not very often that this happens but we do it from time to time.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply