Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

This should be first page in The dummy's guide to selling on eBay
Message 91 of 330
Latest reply

If ever a book desperately needed a change of title, that would have to be the one.

Rename the next edition "The Dummy's Guide To Getting Screwed By Ebay". 😞
Message 92 of 330
Latest reply

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 93 of 330
Latest reply

Aww, don't think my screen shot worked, anyway it was the ceo's feedback mesage to ebayers about feedback, dsr, ect ect if you find it read the last few paragraphs about being human and make mistake.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 94 of 330
Latest reply

Just called them one last time.

I advised them of these shill bidders and what they continue to do and are allowed to do it yet they shut my account down for some cancelled transactions. To my suprise, the response was, give us the user names and we will send it to our investigations team. I asked if i will be notified of the outcome, they said no due to privacy laws.

I asked them where these emails i sent more than 48 hours ago go. They advised it was the investigations team in the Philipines. Again, liaising with robots.

Message 95 of 330
Latest reply

I sent this email to ebay just now and will be the last one i send.

Dear ebay,
I sent an email to you regarding my account being suspended more than 48 hours ago and still I have had no response.
My accounts was suspended due to a few measley transactions being cancelled and yet you allow dishonesty users who continuously open shell accounts and defraud honest people.
I am hugely disappointed with the way I have been treated by ebay and it's employees (the robots).
The only positive about ebay are the honest sellers who have made the company what it is today.
Ebay should send someone to their message boards to see what buyers and sellers really think about ebay and the way the handle things.
The post I created on Thursday is the most talked about topic and has put all honest sellers on red alert as to what can happen to them. I have the backing of all of these people who contribute to the ebay community and all have agreed that what I did with cancelling transactions due to not have stock was not right, but it certainly did not warrant have the selling account suspended.
I know this message will go no where as I have sent 2 previous ones and yet to have a reply. I just assume that someone reads them and disregards it.
Regards
John
In2 DVD

Message 96 of 330
Latest reply

If you are in a niche, ban all of your competitors. This one is something you should have been doing for awhile.

I did this when I started selling. 

I did not want competitors buying up if I had underpriced

and customers being overcharged by them.

• Under-describe your used items. List every noticeable defect and explain that there maybe other small signs of wear as well. Take clear photos, etc. People who are pleasantly surprised with the quality are more willing to forgive any other possible problem, as well are more likely to buy from you again.

I also send one that is in better condition so there are no complaints

and I have a repeat customers

All in all. very good advice

Message 97 of 330
Latest reply

Good luck John,

Look on the bright side, for now at least, as I said previously - hopefully No News is Good News and they are still considering your case and hopefully re-instatement !

Have started a new thread on this Board,  the Powersellers Board and also the Buyers Board to hopefully raise more awareness and get the numbers up on the petition.  We need as many as possible spreading the word.

Message 98 of 330
Latest reply

A few have suggested going to the media and I agree with them. I had my account restricted last Sunday and went through the same thing as you and was told no no no no every time. After 2 hours on the phone I told them I would be contacting radion television and newspapers. This was a last resort for me as the condescending customer support person I spoke to drove me to it!

When I have these difficulties it inspires me to write guides and put them on social media, this is the one I wrote of my experience:

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Mis-Categorization-/10000000178904335/g.html

And another after battling defects with them:

http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Understanding-Defects-/10000000178831454/g.html

Photobucket
Message 99 of 330
Latest reply

That's terrible, Donna. 59 000 approx good transactions means nothing to eBay now?
Message 100 of 330
Latest reply