Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Yeah they do. You just need to be Dick Smith or Officeworks to avoid it... (if you look at Dick Smith feedback, most of the negative is due to no stock....). System is so screwed.
Message 21 of 330
Latest reply

Oh Smiley Sad

I know CS can't remove defects, and if it is a system generated restriction then you would need to have the defects removed so that would have to go to the defect team who are based in USA

Nobody could have predicted a surge in sales like that, and if you have more than one channel to sell through then it would make it so much harder to monitor.

I hope someone takes a look at it for you.

Best of luck.

Message 22 of 330
Latest reply

@diecastcode3 wrote:

ebay has lost the plot.

here we have a seller being treated so badly. for nothing more than running out of some stock and had to cancell a couple of listings. (YET) stroll down the boards a bit and there is a seller caught shill bidding and many other rule breaking activitys yet her account was allowed to re open and she has continued breaking said rules. maybe its time for ebay to 

re-think there at times stupid rule changes. because all sellers are at the mercy of buyers honestly and aussie post to get parcels to buyers fast. ebay's 15th birthday is becoming more likely to be there last as its not what it once was.

Said shill bidder is also 'buying' her own items from each account to increase feedback scores, which was pointed out to eBay, yet she is still allowed to continue. My last correspondence with eBay they said their investigations were completed and appropriate action had been taken.

Clearly it hasn't, because both accounts are still very active. Although, 2 of her shilling accounts have been made NARU, but the others haven't. The false feedback remains too.

What makes me really angry is, the OP loses everything for something out of his control, and this fraudster is not only allowed to continue selling, but they reinstated her NARU'd account as a reward for being a bad seller. Go figure.

Message 23 of 330
Latest reply

I've already said my piece above so my feelings about this are already on record, but I do have just one question, John. To what or whom does the permanent restriction apply? Is it just your user ID, or you personally?

If the former, a simple change of ID should suffice, but if it's the latter, what's to prevent you from opening an account in your wife's name (assuming you're married) or that of a sibling or a friend? Just thinking out loud, that's all...

Message 24 of 330
Latest reply

I can vouch for that too. If you simply refuse to take no for an answer, and continue to tell the operator you would like to speak with their supervisor, you will eventually get action. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled, so squeak loudly!
Message 25 of 330
Latest reply

I have already spoken with a supervisor and they were as helpful as the CSO. I have called 3 times now and have been told the same thing, your account has been restricted and you should look elsewhere to sell your items.

I have not received any response to the emails sent last night.

I have not bern given any sort of guidance from them in term of setting up another account. I can assure you that it felt like speaking with a robot who was going through the motions reading from a script.
Message 26 of 330
Latest reply

It's just disgusting the way you've been treated, and CONTINUE to be treated.
Message 27 of 330
Latest reply

I am not normally a person who suggests running off to the media with problems but in this case they may be interested especially if they can do a story on 2 or 3 sellers like yourself who had good standing accounts before eBay brought in these recent changes.
Message 28 of 330
Latest reply

I had my account restricted for 7 days this year. I couldn't get them to even blink an eyelid over it. Even when I said I may as well go and eat myself to death. It's like talking to robots. They don't budge of give a brass razoo about your good past .
Message 29 of 330
Latest reply

Have you ever wondered what they actually do when they say to you " we have escalated your case " . Is it just a word that gives the complainer a certain feeling if satisfaction?
Message 30 of 330
Latest reply