Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

You have been suspended ...permanently ? Omg really.?
Message 31 of 330
Latest reply

But lou, this is permanent and look at his Feedback - imagine having to start again from scratch, all because you did the right and honest thing !!

Message 32 of 330
Latest reply

Sorry, posting at the same time as you 🙂 You realise that now
Message 33 of 330
Latest reply

I'm a slow reader. This suks big time. Not happy about this at all . Everyone , ....yes Everyone should back this up and complain about a fellow seller being drawn and quartered in such a callous way
Message 34 of 330
Latest reply

I am putting in my complaint as we speak
Message 35 of 330
Latest reply

I know, it's absolutely beyond comprehension that they can do this in these circumstances.  (I'm assuming you have read the whole thread now) I cannot imagine how John must be feeling tonight.  What if eBay is a persons main income ?  They can destroy it in an instant ?  Without any consideration !!

How can we all band together and help ?  How can we get the word out - not all Sellers seem to read the Boards ? And

What would eBay actually take any notice of ?

I will certainly support anything we can do to help . . . . .

Message 36 of 330
Latest reply

This must be looked into . I thought DSR s rolled over after 30 days and if you get defects in one month they don't accumulate or am I not understanding this whole defect rigmarole . But you would have to be pretty bad to get a lifetime ban , wouldn't you think ....??
Message 37 of 330
Latest reply

I had the same problem on Sept. 4th. I went in to check my auctions to only see I had no auctions listed.  I had 225 auctions on and they were all ended by EBay, I was restricted just like you.  Mine was based that I had PRESOLD items and buyes apparently don't read the entire auction description and opened cases against me.  I had a feedback of 99.8 and only 11 neutrals and 2 negatives over the last 12 months with over 1300 positives.  I called 3 times, finally spoke to a Supervisor and still got no where.  They said they were looking at cases, which I don't think they did.  I think all they did was act like it.  The cases opened, some of the buyers said they didn't mean to open a case, they did it by accident, well that still hurts your defect rate, I was over by .36.  All because of the cases being opened. IT WAS MY FAULT BUYERS DON"T KNOW HOW TO READ THINGS IN ALL CAPS AND BIGGER FONT.  Good Luck I don't know what else to try, been on EBay for 15 years and was going to do it fulltime next year after my teaching job is gone because our school is to small to stay open.  

@jpamboris wrote:

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

@jpamboris wrote:

Hi all,

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 38 of 330
Latest reply

I think the fad these days is a change.org petition. Not sure if that could help, but could be a good place to start. The Thermomix owners who feel cheated by a new model coming out started one!

Otherwise I suppose we could get as many forum members to email CS and drive them so insane they do something to stop the barrage of emails. Is anyone good with drafting that kind of thing where we could cut and paste and just add our name at the bottom?

I think any correspondence should make mention of the serial shill bidder who not only is allowed to continue trading, despite being caught many times, but had a NARU account reinstated so she can doubly rip people off.

Special mention could be given to the serial handbag sellers who keep getting reported and are allowed to continue trading. All the adult sites who have been reported over the years, who are also allowed to continue trading.

I'm not normally one that suggests running off to the media either, but I think ACA could have fun with this. This is complete utter B S.

Message 39 of 330
Latest reply

Someone posted a link to an ecommerce write up - well worth the read, even though it's quite scary !

Couple of quotes from John's posts in case you missed them,

I will also add that my DSR's are all 4.9 and above. These cancelled transactions hurt me.

Yes this was due to one item that i did not enough of. the movie Popeye it was with Robin Williams. The day he passed away and the week thereafter i sold more than 100 of them. I only had about 25 available. I was not using the inventory manager so i got burnt. I have learned my lesson but it seems as though eBay does not allow for any mistakes or errors.

Same old same old isn't it - eBay & Buyers can make all the mistakes under the sun, but Sellers can't !!!!

I suspect it was possibly not the DSR's, but the number of Cancelled Transactions in a relatively short period - could be as simple as ticking the wrong -----ing box !!

Is it not normal practice in most work places to ask for an explanation and issue 3 written warnings BEFORE any disciplinary action is taken ?  Why should it be any different here ?  This is a workplace for many Sellers . . . . . . .

I reckon one of the biggest problems these days, is that they have made the system too complicated for Buyers & Sellers alike - how often do read posts related to the Defective System where Sellers are asking which box to tick, or what to do to avoid a Defect (and I don't mean that the questions are asked to do anything dishonest) ?  If it's too complicated for us, I'm quite sure Buyers have no idea.  It shouldn't be this complicated !!

Message 40 of 330
Latest reply