Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

This is worse than being on the job and 2 security guys coming in and walking you out the door. No goodbyes no NUTHIN. This seller has been stolen from and ebay are just being pigheaded. Is this seller being made an example of to show other  sellers that eBay arent mucking around. COME ON ..a LIFE BAN...Who does that???. This sellers income has been taken away...Thats theft.

Im hoping this is a bluff . If it isnt, I may as well start packing now.

Im getting madder by the second and I want to sleep now...DOH!!

Message 41 of 330
Latest reply

Yes, like you and others, I'm not usually one for running off to the media either, but I was also thinking of the change.org petition.  I wouldn't consider myself a trouble maker or a stirrer, but must admit I have signed a few petitions over the last 6 months or so and the results have been pretty amazing.  Some big companies like Suncorp & AAMI have actually taken notice and come to the party and negotiated and fulfilled their obligations - I know eBay think they are untouchable, but I think it would be worth a go.  And for sure, if there were a good number of signatures on change.org I'm sure ACA would be very interested as they came on board with a couple of the other petitions.  An added benefit may be the fact that I'm pretty sure change.org is actually American based, so there could be extra support over there as well.

Perhaps if we check with John in the morning to see if he has had a positive response to his email and if not, start as you suggest by bombarding CS with emails, then if that fails, get John's thoughts on change.org

I don't jump on every band wagon, but I cannot sit back and do nothing when I see such injustice and I agree our best way to support John and to see change is to get a huge number of Sellers to stand together and be vocal.

And yes, I agree, it should be highlighted that dishonest, unscrupulous Sellers are allowed to remain, when one who has done everything possible to make the best of an unprecedented & unexpected situation has been unfairly crucified.

Lol, as you can see, I'm not too good at being concise, so if someone wants to put something together, I'll be happy to sign, but would also be happy to put something together as a starting point for everyone to change and add to.

This is about John's immediate situation, but ultimately, in the long term, it could effect each and every Seller

Message 42 of 330
Latest reply

It's also about fishinghawks too I see. Nah, we must all stick together and do something to help these long standing reputable Sellers. I'm a no-body, but a lot of no-body little Sellers like me still contribute fees etc
Message 43 of 330
Latest reply

mb, I've been staggered at what I've read on this post over the last day or so, it is completely unjustified IMHO, yet it seems to be a path that eBay is going down with the "defect ratings" and the inability of CS to (want to) do anything about it.

Yet we have various other threads on the forums that have exposed scammers/shill bidders/hacked accounts etc etc etc and still some of those accounts are still very active.

Let me state I'm a buyer only atm but I have been considering selling for a while, but the changes over the last year have made me put that on the back-burner until Aussie sellers get a far better deal and a much more level playing field than they do at the moment. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 44 of 330
Latest reply

Oh padi, it is insane isn't it ?  And you have just really highlighted what eBay don't seem to be able to see.  You are a Buyer - but at the rate eBay are going, you will have no-one other than the big guys to buy from soon.  🙂    And let's face it, you don't need eBay to buy from them - they have their own websites and B&M stores.  I don't get it.  And then, where is the variety, which used to be the main attraction to eBay ?

If they were hell bent on getting rid of little sellers like me, well, I'd be extremely disappointed to say the least, but that may be more understandable - but these guys aren't little Sellers and they have done nothing wrong - it is just so unfair and made so much worse because as sellers, we know most buyers (not including buyers like yourself) have no idea how the rating system actually works - um, doesn't work  - it's the DEFECT SYSTEM  !!

Message 45 of 330
Latest reply

Yes it is insane mb, my watch-list a year ago used to have over 100 listings on it, its now down to around 60 or so due to regular sellers pulling out, increased postage rates and a proliferation of absolute junk in my saved-searches............grrrr.

I honestly believe that if eBay does not sort their game out very quickly they will find themselves with a competitor that both buyers and sellers will go to.

"Tall Poppy Syndome" perhaps ................................... 

Message 46 of 330
Latest reply

I agree, I think you're right.  The problem is in the meanwhile there still doesn't really seem to be anywhere to go.  There is a QuickSimple solution - someone (who I won't mention) who has the perfect opportunity and has had on several ocassions when so many Sellers have been keen to move away, but they are just not making any effort to take advantage of the situation.  For the life of me I don't understand.  I listed a few items there and had Buyers messaging me because they couldn't get their accounts verified - it was like, from the frying pan into the fire, lol.  I ended up messaging myself on behalf of the Buyers to try and get things sorted !  I was so disillusioned, it was all so unprofessional, I wasn't happy for my customers to have to go to such lengths to make a simple purchase.  It is sad to see the changes here, it was once such a happy spirited and more personal place, oh, if only it could be like the old days . . . . .

Message 47 of 330
Latest reply

Surely they could do a "system restore" back to 2012 or earlier....................ROLMFAO......................

Message 48 of 330
Latest reply

ah, someone else noticed, i just replied with another post with DS.
people don't seem to look at feedback.
Message 49 of 330
Latest reply

Go to the TV or papers.

Message 50 of 330
Latest reply