Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

Good morning John,

Just want to touch base and let you know there are many members thinking of you & ask if you heard anything back from you email overnight ?

Won't bombard you with questions at this point, and hopefully someone, somewhere in eBay has got some brains and can see your situation for what it actually is and has fixed the problem . . . . . . .

Message 51 of 330
Latest reply

Hi all,

WOW! Didn't realise i would get this much support. I appreciate all the kind words and suggestions, especially the signed petition.

So here is the update;

So there it is. Absolutely nothing! I have not received any response to either of my emails sent almost 48 hours ago. Happy to start this petition. I will look into it at some point today and report back.

Cheers

John

Message 52 of 330
Latest reply

Gotta laugh at that blank space . . . . .

Hate to say it, but not totally suprised.  But you know what they say   No news is good news !

Let's hope the lack of response could mean they are at least looking into it, which will be a start, then surely common sense must prevail ??

Please keep posting updates.  And yes you have lots of support and it seems there are a couple of other big Sellers who have also posted in this thread who could do with some support also, maybe you could put a petition together as a combined effort and I'm sure as word gets around, there will be many more happy to sign.

Good luck

Message 53 of 330
Latest reply

I'm really sorry to see you've been restricted and I hope you can sort it out and get back up and running.

I also hope that sellers are taking note of this this thread, especially those that make a habit out of listing items they dont have in stock, its a big problem on ebay and something that really annoys buyers. Its something thats often mentioned in bad feedback and I'm sure responsible for a lot of low dsr's and cancellations therefore a big percentage of defects. Its one of the only things I've felt strongly enough about to leave bad feedback for myself.

I think if sellers dont change their ways, especially on this issue, we will be seeing a lot more of these threads and that would be a shame.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 54 of 330
Latest reply

Does the defective defect system apply to all eBay sites? I ask because my husband bought a t-shirt from Malaysia 2 weeks ago, which still hasn't been marked as posted. I have tried several times to contact the seller to no avail. If there are no replies by Monday, I will be opening up an INR case.

Normally DH checks feedback, but in this case he didn't and in the last month, this sellers has 12 INR negative feedbacks, most saying that the buyer believes the item was never posted, the other few just saying it never arrived and seller refused to reply to messages. They are all from different buyers.

Surely 12 negs in one month would be enough for action to be taken against them if they also have the defect system?? That was without the multiple neutrals that they have also received in the last month for various things.

Maybe there really is something in it when people talk about 'protected sellers'? What I don't get is, how do people become protected, when other people are completely shafted, purely because a well known person died?

Message 55 of 330
Latest reply

Its a percentage thing, so its based on how many defects per how many sales. Someone with high turnover of stock can afford to have a higher number of defects.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 56 of 330
Latest reply

Your comments just reminded me of something else I have complained to eBay about.  Yep, I buy too (from Chinese Sellers) and it would appear several of them somehow have a programme whereby, the instant you pay they leave you positive Feedback (I get that can be automatic) BUT ALSO your item is posted at the very same time - REALLY !!  Another load of BS the protected ones get away with.  I have never had a response from eBay regarding this matter - no doubt still in the too hard basket - in other words - there's no cut and paste response !! Hahahaha

Message 57 of 330
Latest reply

I thought that also.  I guess the problem in this specific case, is that the Defects came over a short period of time and isn't this wonderful new defective system also based on the actual number of defects, not just the %.  (Thought I read that somewhere)

Message 58 of 330
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I thought that also.  I guess the problem in this specific case, is that the Defects came over a short period of time and isn't this wonderful new defective system also based on the actual number of defects, not just the %.  (Thought I read that somewhere)

Yes, the defects all coming in a short period of time probably wont help. The other thing that wont help is they are all legitimate complaints, cancellations due to not having the stock. Its not a vindictive customer or slow delivery due to austalia post or just a mistake, the defects are valid. Dont get me wrong, I really feel for the seller, I think some kind of restriction is in order but more along the lines of restricted to 5 items per listing for a few months or something. Not a permanent restriction though, thats just not fair.

Dont know about the number of defects versus pecentage, looks like only the perentage is taken into account when I look on my dashboard.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 59 of 330
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Your comments just reminded me of something else I have complained to eBay about.  Yep, I buy too (from Chinese Sellers) and it would appear several of them somehow have a programme whereby, the instant you pay they leave you positive Feedback (I get that can be automatic) BUT ALSO your item is posted at the very same time - REALLY !!  Another load of BS the protected ones get away with.  I have never had a response from eBay regarding this matter - no doubt still in the too hard basket - in other words - there's no cut and paste response !! Hahahaha

You are absolutely right about the being marked as posted thing. I bought some mineral specimens from China last week and 2 days after the order was marked as posted, the seller contacted me and said one of them had accidentally been listed twice. They asked if I would be happy with a similar one, which they sent me a photo, or they would cancel if I wasn't happy to have a similar one. I said I'd be happy with the similar one as it was just as nice as the one I'd bought.

I wondered after how they could mark the order as posted, then message me 2 days later about an item! I thought at first maybe they had in fact posted and would send the other one separately, but then it dawned on me that it hadn't actually been sent, despite already having a tracking number. Very sneaky!

Message 60 of 330
Latest reply