Selling account restricted permanently

Hi all,

My selling privileges were restricted yesterday because of the new ebay ratings. My DSR was very good but i had several cancelled transactions because of an item that i ran out of stock.

I know that i should not have something listed that i did not have avaialble however this was only for a short period (7 days). Most of the buyers were happy to wait for this dvd but there were some that wanted it cancelled and refunded. Now i feel like i should not have communicated to these buyers as i would not be in the position i am in right now. But yes, i advised all these buyers that i ran out of this title and i would have it within 7 days but i am happy to refund it if required.

I have never used the ebay inventory manager tool as i have my own system that i pay a subscription for to manage my stock levels and ordering.

I contacted Ebay customer service yesterday and was advised from their call centre in the Phillipines that this decision was final and irreversable. I argued that i was a loyal ebay customer for 10 plus years. Had paid all my fees (approx $500.00 per month) on time without delay, had feedback of >99% and my DSR's were of a high standard. I also mentioned that my rating changed on 20/08/14 and that i had 20 days to try and fix this before my account was suspended. Their response to this was "we understand but the decision is final". I then asked to be transferred to comeone who was based in Australia and who had the authority to do something about this. The response was that they support the Australian opertations and there was no one else i could contact.

I have sent an email via Ebay last night in the hope that it would get escalated somewhere but the call centre i spoke with.

Has anyone else been in this position and if so who did you contact and what was the outome?

Help and assistance needed please?

Regards

John (In2 DVD)

Message 1 of 330
Latest reply
329 REPLIES 329

What you all don't know is that when I went to repurchase Popeye from my supplier I was told that my price had increased by 2.5 x my original price due to royalties going up. After ebay fees and charges were taken out, I was going to lose $0.70 per title.
I had a choice of either cancelling all those transactions and taking the hit. englishrosegardens  guess what I did? But you don't see that on my account do you?
Ebay buyers don't see all the work going on in the background. For some reason they think that this is all a game and we do it for fun and if we lose it then so be it. Buyers, I can assure you that this is not the case. We did not all grow up thinking we wanted to be sellers on ebay.
We do this purely to make money. Just as buyers who work for someone are doing the same thing.
englishrosegardens, I can show you 2 invoices which show the price difference if you like? Did you see that anywhere on my ebay account?

Message 71 of 330
Latest reply

Regardless of what you did and didn't do, it's still wrong to impose a permanent ban, especially when these other sellers are continuously flouting the rules, not to mention breaking the law by committing fraud, and are allowed to continue selling and even have NARU'd accounts reinstated.

Good luck with the petition.

Message 72 of 330
Latest reply

John, pop over to the buyers forum because someone posted an interesting message in regards to a rogue seller. In the last month alone, the seller has accumulated 17 negative and 6 neutrals, has been reported and is allowed to remain selling. Could be good ammunition for you against eBay. 

The seller can be found by accessing the OP's feedback left for others, then the negative she left. He only has 628 feedback and 97.3% and a lower DSR than you. By rights, with only having that amount of feedback, that amount of defects from the red and grey dots, without taking low DSR's into consideration, should have been enough to shut him down, if your case is anything to go by.

Message 73 of 330
Latest reply

Cmon eBay fill in the blank space. why are you watching and letting this happen. What are you ashamed of..Not you John..I just got back from shopping and this is the first thing I noticed when I came back to Armageddon land...

Message 74 of 330
Latest reply

I posted a thread this week about a seller who presells his plants...Delivery for 2015...Has terrible feed back and hes doing very nicely

Message 75 of 330
Latest reply

I really can't beleive it. Ebay are punishing trustworthy sellers and allowing fraudulent sellers to continue. I really don't understand it.

Yes i could use it as ammunition but i would rather not have to call their customer service line again and feel like i am talking to robot who continually say's "It's ebay policy". It's frutrating and more so demoralising given what you see others doing. But it looks like ebay have made up their minds.

I have started the petition (link posted in earlier post) but only 7 have signed it. We need much more than that for them to wake up. I don't have a facebook or twitter account to spread this either.

Message 76 of 330
Latest reply

Do ebay even watch these forums? Most forums I have been on at the very least have an administrator who represents the site.
C'mon ebay, surely you can hire someone offshore to do this for peanuts just like what you are paying your robots in the Philippines?
Message 77 of 330
Latest reply

@jpamboris wrote:
Do ebay even watch these forums? Most forums I have been on at the very least have an administrator who represents the site.
C'monebay, surely you can hire someone offshore to do this for peanuts just like what you are paying your robots in the Philippines?

I think they do make an appearance occasionally, but not generally as a rule. I think if they do, it's very occasional.

I was number 3 signature! It was 6 last I checked so someone else must have decided to sign it as well. I hope people see the petition as a way that's going to help all sellers, not just your situation.

Message 78 of 330
Latest reply

Hmmm ok, do they commend at all? I would love to hear from someone who is on these shored and represents ebay.
Message 79 of 330
Latest reply

Hi John,

It's up to 10 now, and I don't have facebook or twitter or anything like that either.  I'm not good at this sort of thing, but you somehow need to keep bringing this to eveyone's attention and I think by at least adding posts, it keeps the thread near the top.  It might also help to post in Buyers section and Power Sellers as well and attach the link.

Anyone else got any ideas ?

Message 80 of 330
Latest reply