Selling separate items, as a bundle

dhy4eva
Community Member

I was wondering how to sell some of my already listed items, as a bundle.

A buyer has sent me a message asking if they could buy about 3 or 4 books, as a bundle (I'm selling all of the volumes seperately)

They have suggested a price and I am thinking of accepting their offer but am not sure how to go about it.

All the books are listed seperately and the price we have worked out is about $4 less than if they had been purchase individually. Should I cancel the current listing and create a new one for this person?

I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to selling on ebay, so any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

You could sell three at full price and then respond via messages with offer of $x less for fourth one. Or just make a new listing for all 4 books for $x. Dont need to put any details in new listing buyer knows what they are.

Unfortunately as you are using free post it doesn't allow you to discount. Make sure buyer pays on one invoice not individually

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I have sometimes had buyers purchase from me on two of my ids at the same time, obviously I can't combine them so I tell them I will cancel the bids on the second id and add the cost to the postage of the other items, has always worked up to now. You could do much the same, just tell her to buy 3 and you will end the other one and add it in as postage. Ebay are still getting their fees and the buyer still has their buyer protection.

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If they are all on the same ID, tell your buyer to purchase them THEN WAIT FOR YOU TO SEND AN INVOICE.

Send the invoice (all books will be grouped already) for the agreed price. Whilst you can't discount the headline price, you can adjust postage to reflect the agreed total price.

If you have 'free' postage, the only way is to end the individual listings and list the set together.

If you do that, I suggest listing as BIN with best offer, and set the BIN way above what the books are worth. Message the buyer the new item number, tell them to make the agreed (not counting postage) offer and only accept their offer.

And hope they go through with the deal.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You could sell three at full price and then respond via messages with offer of $x less for fourth one. Or just make a new listing for all 4 books for $x. Dont need to put any details in new listing buyer knows what they are.

Unfortunately as you are using free post it doesn't allow you to discount. Make sure buyer pays on one invoice not individually

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I have sometimes had buyers purchase from me on two of my ids at the same time, obviously I can't combine them so I tell them I will cancel the bids on the second id and add the cost to the postage of the other items, has always worked up to now. You could do much the same, just tell her to buy 3 and you will end the other one and add it in as postage. Ebay are still getting their fees and the buyer still has their buyer protection.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If they are all on the same ID, tell your buyer to purchase them THEN WAIT FOR YOU TO SEND AN INVOICE.

Send the invoice (all books will be grouped already) for the agreed price. Whilst you can't discount the headline price, you can adjust postage to reflect the agreed total price.

If you have 'free' postage, the only way is to end the individual listings and list the set together.

If you do that, I suggest listing as BIN with best offer, and set the BIN way above what the books are worth. Message the buyer the new item number, tell them to make the agreed (not counting postage) offer and only accept their offer.

And hope they go through with the deal.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

OPs items are all free post, so adjusting postage is not an option

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Then option B, already detailed, would apply.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

When I've done option B, I'll put a ridiculous amount on, like $10,000. The buyers say they felt like they were getting a real bargain when they paid $60 for something that was listed as 10 grand! Sometimes I'll just put $1,000. It depends on what the items are.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

The point is it works.

And everybody loves a bargain, even when it is pre-arranged.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

dhy4eva
Community Member

Thanks for your help everyone! (Tippytoes cracked me up)

In the end I just asked them to pay full price for each item and then gave them a partial refund.

Hopefully ebay brings in an option which allows you to group already listed items together...it would make things alot easier then!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply