Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Bonza, we do have the cart option in Australia.  I am a swap card buyer and spent quite a bit of time last night going through the stores of all of the above posters, as well as about 9 other dealers, using the cart option, (apart from deepcreek who has no BIN, so I don't know what they are doing on here) all dealers, with the exception of one, did not come up with a combined postage. The dealer whose postage, through the cart function, was automatically combined without waiting for an invoice was my grandmas estate.

So if all dealers, are having a problem with refunding postage, (except for the one I found), how do you figure it's an ebay problem.  If it was an ebay problem then everyone would be howling 'blue murder'.  I think ebay is correct in telling you it is in your settings. If my grandmas estate have managed to avoid the problem, it can't be that hard,

Just sayin'       

Message 21 of 121
Latest reply

imastawka....I disagee...... It IS an ebay technical problem, as this was not an issue for me about 1 month ago. I have never previously had this issue. When I contacted ebay, THEY said my settings were correct and suggested dumb things like "tell your buyer to try a different browser" or " I have checked your item and there IS an 'add to cart' button" So you see it is a problem that is affecting several sellers already. Ebay need to FIX this and soon....

Message 22 of 121
Latest reply

It IS an ebay issue if they make changes to systems and do not have staff in place on their 'help line' that are able to assist us in training!  I pay ebay a fortune each month and I would expect that they should be able to offer professionals and trained operators to talk us through so called 'upgrades'.  Rest assured we put this link here to work our way through this and find a better way for the buyer. And thankyou Bonza for your teamwork.....we are getting there.

Message 23 of 121
Latest reply

if people read properly they would understand that the problem is NOT NO CART.

The problem is that the CART FUNCTION DOES NOT APPEAR  to SOME and only SOME overseas buyers, if you refer to the post above by DIGITAL GHOST or similar in response to my earlier post above they say:

I checked a listing for a card on eBay AU - I had buy it now and add to cart buttons. I clicked the BIN button and was taken to the standard commit to buy page, so I can only presume I would have been able to do that and continue shopping as normal.

I then logged into eBay US and checked the same listing. I only had a BIN button and no add to cart, and when I clicked BIN I was indeed taken immediately to log into PayPal to pay as it is with immediate payment required -

ALSO from one of my buyers in USA who has been ebaying since 1998 her complaint to ebay USA

I just got off the phone with ebay. The woman (Blessy?) started with the same runaround we have been getting and I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. He started in with the same thing and I just kept cutting him off and telling him that was not the problem. He told me that the work-around was to send items to the "Cart". I told him there is no option for doing that. He then looked up one of the listings and told me the reason I can't send it to the "cart" is because the seller is in Australia! I said, "So, Australians don't get carts?" He said "No, it's not an option." I said, "What's the "fix" then?" I said, "Why don't I get the dialogue box that I used to get that says "Confirm Option to Buy"?" He couldn't answer that and put me on hold for a couple of minutes. When he came back he admitted that there had been an "upgrade on the Buy It Now option" and that I was right, it does not come up.

I repeat SOME overseas buyers are AUTOMATICALLY getting sent STRAIGHT TO PAY NOW on each & every purchase they make,

the overseas buyers are being told THE SELLER MUST HAVE THEIR LISTING SET AS IMMEDIATE PAYMENT required WHICH IS NOT TRUE  hope that makes the problem clear now

Message 24 of 121
Latest reply

Yes you are right there is no issue whatsoever with ebayers who have Aussie accounts and are logged into ebay aus.  its only customers buying from overseas who opened their accounts overseas.  Its been a learning curve for me as I have never used the Cart option here and now know i have it dont need it though.  My customers are simply saying there is no option other than to pay.  So no option to 'continuine shopping' as you said the only choice is to go to checkout.  Also imastalka ebay never said our settings were wrong they told me they could not find anything wrong, so  have said its not their problem but ebay US problem. 

Message 25 of 121
Latest reply

I agree, also the problem with the cart function, is that you have not actually boiught the goods when they are in your cart until you pay for them, until you pay the item is still available to be purchased by others.

Previously these overseas buyers could COMMIT TO BUY without paying immediately - the goods were still theirs,and showed up in their purchased items,  they could commit to buy several items over a period of time and then pay all at once.

As far as I am concerned we do not need the cart - we need it put back how it was b4.

The cart function would just be a bit of a work a round in the interim, so the overseas buyers did not have to pay for each item individually, which is very frustrating and time consuming for them.

PROBLEM is they can't even see the stupid cart anyway

Message 26 of 121
Latest reply

Until the problem is fixed, perhaps suggest to buyers that they log in to the Australian site so that they can purchase and pay more easily.

Message 27 of 121
Latest reply

thanks for your ongoing input & HELPFUL suggestions unlike some others.

This is a real head ache - only way to contact ebay USA is by phone from what I can see,

and as I don;t have a USA account think it will be a problem anyway.

Just wish ebay.au would admit to a problem and let them go to and fro with US & UK to fix it

Message 28 of 121
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Until the problem is fixed, perhaps suggest to buyers that they log in to the Australian site so that they can purchase and pay more easily.

this is the easiest solution to the problem (for now)

in the meantime:  I've logged on via USebay and I've noticed when you are directed to the immediate payment window there is a link (in the top right corner) for "tell us what you think" - it is my understanding that ebay use this as a marketing tool and this is feedback they will listen to.  Get as many of your customers to click that link at tell ebay "WE DO NOT LIKE IT AND THIS IS WHY..." - if enough people complain they will change it back (hopefully).

Message 29 of 121
Latest reply

Last week I made multiple purchases similar to what your buyers are doing. When I got the BIG Pay Now page, there was a line that said Buy more from the same seller.

When I clicked on that, it took me to the seller's listings & I was able to buy the other items I wanted. I used this system twice & then checked my Purchase History page & found all items neatly in one single invoice which I then paid.

Those type sizes above are pretty close to how it appears on the page. Obviously ebay mgmt are very good at taking advantage of member foibles to maximise fee revenue, particularly after changing to the "pay immediately or the item isn't purchased system".

Message 30 of 121
Latest reply