Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

I suggest that imastawka plse read my post CAREFULLY.  I did have a shop on ebay but with all the problems myself and others have experienced, including spending hours with ebay and paypal over this matter I closed it.  I really really really wanted it to be some stupid thing I had done and be an easy fix.  EBAY confirmed that my SETTINGS WERE 100% FINE.  Sooooo it is not anything in our settings, it is something that ebay has changed.  Please get yr facts and info right.  ALSO I have been selling cards on this site for over 6 years and have never sold anything to you or your other ID's.  Sooooooooooo how do you know systems are set up correctly or not?????  Rant is over.

Message 31 of 121
Latest reply

please stop using capitals in these posts - up here in community that is an indication that you are yelling at us - it is not the way to highlight your point (that is what the bold or underline button is for). This can be viewed as abusive and threatening and can be reported to the moderators.

just sayin'

Message 32 of 121
Latest reply

You can't be serious ???? Capitals are for making a point and stand out beautifully.
Message 33 of 121
Latest reply

yes I am serious...!!!!... capitals do stand out in listings but as I said UP HERE IN COMMUNITY capitals are used for yelling and the colour red is used when you've already said it and want to yell louder.

Message 34 of 121
Latest reply

@ ejholden

What you describe is what used to happen. There is a rolling update underway and the exact issue is Australian ebay sellers, selling to overseas buyers, mostly UK and US buyers. Aus to Aus is fine. Now I have 2 other IDs one on ebay UK and another also here on ebay Aus. I have used these to do checks on my store to see what the experience is like from the buyers point of view. Aus ebay buyers do see the ' add to cart' button below the BIN, below that is ' add to watch list. The very same item when viewed from ebay UK does not have the 'add to cart' button, only the BIN and ' add to watch list. Any attempt at purchase on the UK site drives you directly to 'pay now' there are no other links anywhere to continue shopping. The results in an extemely poor buying experience for overseas buyers. All my settings are correct, ebay have checked them and so have I. The only other thing I am considering is removing the checkout option, but I am not sure what impact this will have. As with virtually all of my items I do not require immediate payment and I do provide shipping discounts. I am still awaiting a reply from ebay. At this stage I am not confident, as the 2 live chats I had, the CS was in total denial of a problem. Eventually the glitch should be resolved, possibly with the Friday updates. I hope so. in the meantime I will continue to pursue ebay CS..... 

Message 35 of 121
Latest reply

Thankyou toygirl.  It's nice to see some constuctive practises happening 'here in the community'.  Having never used this forum previously I am wondering if I will ever use it again.  Your research and time spent trying to help us all is greatly appreciated.  Most of us card sellers are also collectors and buyers also so it makes sense to help each other.  It would appear there are some that spend too much time in here - never imagined there was such a thing as ebay trolls! 

I am currently working on the postage discounts for combined and cart purchases but see from your post that this will not help the issue we are all (sorry MOST) or  most or most of us are experiencing.

Shall keep chipping away at ebay.  Did someone advise you that it was a new system being rolled out?  Did you see the 'please pay now' option or the 'pay immediately' option?

thanks again!

Message 36 of 121
Latest reply

oh my goodness!! What is the 'add to collection button' I can now see whilst looking at my own items........in the ebay US site?
Message 37 of 121
Latest reply

@oldregretscolt wrote:
oh my goodness!! What is the 'add to collection button' I can now see whilst looking at my own items........in the ebay US site?

Just a semi-educated guess, but I'd say it's an etsy / Pinterest inspired feature. Members can create "collections" of items with particular themes, or in certain categories, and then anyone who finds or is "following" that member can look through their collections like a little custom-designed catalogue of special interest.

Listings may also show "in X collections" - not too sure, though. 

Message 38 of 121
Latest reply

Well there you go.  I have learnt 2 things today..  Well 3, but we wont get personal.  Thank you so much digital* ghost, for the explanation on the 'collection' option.  Glad it is not something I need to concern myself with.  Thank you to Bonza for saving me 10 hours in setting up a succcessful cart transaction for my buyers and thankyou deepcreek for helping test it.  I know this was a side issue but some good has come from this forum.  Now to turn the attention back to the supposed upgrade for UK and US buyers forcing them to purchase one item at a time.

Message 39 of 121
Latest reply

"Thankyou toygirl.  It's nice to see some constuctive practises happening 'here in the community' "
so toygirl has admitted to having more than one ebay id yet she has not been accused of being duplicitous the way I was.
I am not the only ebay user to have more than one selling id.
I am not the only ebay user to have a friend or relative attached to my paypal account.
There is no ebay policy that states I cannot do either.

"never imagined there was such a thing as ebay trolls"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

follow that link and you will see that by definition the only ebay troll in this thread has been reported to the mods and removed for trolling me (and being extremely personal about it I might add)
"Most of us card sellers are also collectors and buyers also so it makes sense to help each other"
not once has any other seller ever offered me help or advise, not one other seller has ever contacted me regarding anything relating to selling on ebay, and judging by the vitriolic attitude some members (not all) have shown towards me I'm guessing none of you ever will, but that's ok - I don't mind. Unfortunately I've been subjected to primary school yard politics by women old enough to be my grandmother. One person sticks the knife in and you all follow suit just like sheep.
who knew nana-cyber-bullies existed
bully.jpg

Message 40 of 121
Latest reply