Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Still happening here.  Ebay kindly told me that I might have the wrong settings.  I said feel free to check..........like 45 of you have previoiusly!!!!!!

Came back - oh yes your settings are correct.  Perhaps, they said, I am not set up to receive foreign currency payment?

They then said quote 'I am confident I answered your query today"

HELL NO!!!! I said please forward to someone that CAN help.

What can we do??? Can we somehow get a group action going?  I am fed up.  Buyers are more than fed up.

Buyer from the UK told me today that I might not have set up my listings to accept the cart option.  He said there is no option to add to cart when he looks at my shop.  

Why is only every 4th buyer in the UK having this issue??????????????????????

EBAY????????????????????? ARE YOU THERE?  

Message 51 of 121
Latest reply

I was looking at the immediate payment required information on US eBay due to confirming some information for another thread, and saw this:

"Immediate payment is automatically required on items priced below $1000, that have a specified shipping cost, and where PayPal is the only payment method offered."

It says pretty much the same thing on the UK site, except the price threshold is £350.

I wonder if this has something to do with the problems you are experiencing? I'm not saying it should, as your items are obviously listed on the Oz site, but as PayPal is the only payment method offered to OS buyers, and shipping costs are specified, I wonder if the eBay system is defaulting to that requirement in error. (Well, we know it is, but that could be the reason why). 

Message 52 of 121
Latest reply

Digital Ghost you are smarter than anyone working in complaints department thats for sure.  That has to be it..  I wonder if that is a new requirement one that noone in Australia has been notified of? 

How come though it only happens to some buyers and not all ???????????

I just had another reply from yesterday .  Yesterday ebay told me to send ebay id's of people who had complained and item numbers etc of which I did .  Today someone else replied different to yesterday. The message I sent that took about 20 mintues to copy and paste names, item number etc.    The super smart person who answered today told me there is no problem in ebay australia and did i offer immediate payment.  I am ready to contact current affair I tell you.

Hello Belinda,

Thank you for your response.

Our technical team advised us that they cannot see any trace of this issue in eBay Australia. Other eBay sites may have their own issues which is not affecting eBay AU. Your buyers will encounter this issue specially if they did the check out process for one item and purchase another one. Also check if immediate payment is not included on your listings. We cannot see any technical issue on your account.

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

Angel L.

eBay Customer Support

Message 53 of 121
Latest reply

Once again I find I am having to refund $27.50 in postage via paypal today for a buyer who had to pay for every item seperately UK .  One of the few buyers who bother. 

Message 54 of 121
Latest reply

so If I just add 'other' to all my listings which I know is on some listings, could that fix the problem as it would be more than 1 payment option even though not specified

Message 55 of 121
Latest reply

@bonza-cards-australia wrote:

so If I just add 'other' to all my listings which I know is on some listings, could that fix the problem as it would be more than 1 payment option even though not specified

I reckon it's worth a shot, and definitely better than the alternative (i.e. removing specified postage costs, as that will decrease your visibility and make things more difficult for buyers).

If you update your listings (or even just one of them), I'd be happy to log in to the other sites and test whether I get the option to add to cart and/or whether it still tries to process as immediate payment.

Message 56 of 121
Latest reply

hi i checked my items and I do already have "other" as an option for payment on some items but not all will have a look and thankyou for the offer I will be in touch

Message 57 of 121
Latest reply

Well, there goes that theory. 😞 I checked on one of the listings that has 'Other' as a payment option when logged into US site, but it still didn't have cart options and it still defaults to immediate payment required.

However, with the "Other" payment option there, if I tick it in the checkout instead of PayPal, the button switches from "Continue" (which would have then taken me to log in to PayPal to complete purchase and payment) to "Commit to buy". For obvious reasons, I didn't click it to see what the next step would be, but I think-hope it would mean that your buyers could tick "Other", then commit to buy as it used to be and be able to continue to shop. The only worry is whether it would mean checkout has been completed, which would then prevent buyers from making several purchases and then going through to use PayPal (unless checkout was reset by issuing new invoices). 

Again, I would be happy to test it out, as long as any purchases that may be made by me in the process are subsequently mutually cancelled. 😄 But even if it works, I know it's not the ideal solution, particularly as it would only help the buyers who are aware of the "trick" - if someone at eBay would just pay attention to the information provided, it would become very clear there's a problem here. 😞

Message 58 of 121
Latest reply

hi Thankyou yes I do believe that option does work as someone was telling me they used it .  By selecting 'other' they could continue to shop but explaining it time and time again to often new buyers is a nightmare to navigate through.  Yes I would most certainly cancel anything by mutual agreement.   I was looking at this when i was making business policies etc.   There was this option below.  I opted into the 'checkout' option what do u think ?  Could choosing this option be a glich.   I have added 'other' as a payment method now to every item so time consuming where will it end lol

Checkout Preference  

When you use Checkout, a Pay Now button appears in your listing after it ends. This button helps you get paid faster by encouraging buyers to pay. Learn more about your Checkout preference- opens in a new window or tab.  

Use Checkout (recommended)

Note: Checkout is always on in closed listings where PayPal is offered.

Message 59 of 121
Latest reply

I think the checkout is a new but  permanent compulsory thing.  

I am wondering if the issue is indeed having the option for 'other' payment method...then how come so many other shoppers can continue shopping without paying as they go?

Message 60 of 121
Latest reply