Sending heavy items out

How do australian companies manage to send out 10 kilo packages so cheap, what is the cheapest way to do this?, i sell items under 3 kilos but am looking at importing some heavier stuff, just do not know how i would go about sending it out and making a profit, i bought a slide hammer a couple of weeks ago, it had to be at least 10 kilos in total and it only cost me 50 including postage.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sending heavy items out

Chinese sellers can often send things to Australia cheaper than a seller in Australia sending to a buyer in Australia. Heavier items are often cheaper to send by courier than through AP, particularly when a company has a contract with a courier company..  Some large sellers have bulk postal agreements with AP giving them access to postage discounts that are not available to us mere mortals.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Sending heavy items out

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have a high enough turnover you can get very good rates from courier companies.

If you send say 100 packages a week that are heavy you can probably get a better rate than someone sending 50 lighter packages.

It all depends on what sort of contract you can negotiate....and the number of packages of whatever weight that you are sending.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Sending heavy items out

I can send 10kg from Melbourne to any East Cost metro address with my courier service for around $10.00

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply