Sendle.com - any experience?

I couldn't find any posts about them so, has anyone had any experience with sendle yet. I am a bit put off with the list of things they won't carry but otherwise it might be a good parcel delivery service as an alternative to Auspost. I wonder if their receiver pays option might turn out to be a hassle for them though. 

Aparantly they have already done extensive testing and ironed out the kinks according to a Startup Daily post so it might be worth a shot.

Happy to hear opinions.

Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I wonder if their receiver pays option might turn out to be a hassle for them though. 

Sounds no different to AP's COD which is inherently unsuitable for both buyers and sellers. The buyer cannot check what is in the parcel until after they have handed over the money and if the buyer refuses to accept and pay for the item it is returned to sender at a cost. Only suitable for personal parcels between friends and relatives.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

I got a quote to post a parcel of stuff I'd sold via AP and then tried sendle and sendle was 1/7 of the price plus they pick up the parcel! Just used them for the first time today and it was a big 6.8 kg parcel to WA and so far it seems great!

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Sendle is a courier broker/logistics company using Couriers Please and Fastways among other companies to deliver your goods.

They would be getting good rates from the companies for volume of deliveries which they are passing on to their clients.

If you look closely into the list of items they will not carry you will find it is just a list of Dangerous Goods.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

How many more threads are you going to spam with the exact same C&P which doesn't porvide any specific info?

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

My guess is they have a financial interest in the company and are spamming advertisting for them.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

hi ive never used sendle looked into it but you needed a credit card and they dont take paypal

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Just wanted to share my experience with Sendle. Sent pressure cooker from Melbourne to Sydney, took them almost twoo weekes. Cooker arrived badly damaged - and it's not a fragile item, it's stainless steel... Reply from Sendle was pretty arrogant - sorry can't help.

They don't take any responcibility and don't provide any cover for damage/loss.

So BEWARE

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Was it sent in the manufactures box or a shipping carton. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Of course Sendle can't help - they are a broker, not a courier.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply